I have had my 2021 C8 HTC for about 6 weeks now. Love the car but the view out the back via the rear view camera is just about useless. I drive with top down 95% of the time, so camera in rear view mirror does not help (why did GM mount this camera on the roof, would have been better placed on the rear bumper in my opinion). So the bottom half of the rear view is blocked by the hump on the rear deck lid, then the top part of the rear window glass takes out another 1/4", then the high wing takes out about 1.5". Going down a hill, all I can see is sky LOL.

I have tried raising the seat to get a different angle on the view, but there is not much room to do that before you run out of mirror.

Oh, and I also made the mistake of pulling out of a parking lot at a 45 degree angle to the street - could not see a damn thing through the nacelle on passenger side. So, lesson learned - have to pull out at 90 degrees to the street.

Any suggestions on how to improve rear view?
I read on another forum that there's a way to get your back up cameras to display on the entertainment center while driving with the top down for people that want this option. Not ideal but It would probably fix your issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.