Me too, ordered a coupe, switched to the HTC..
I had a 911 Targa, one that you had to get out and put the roof in the frunk, I found that I did not use it with roof off as much as other push button convertibles, especially if the weather was threatening. If you like to maximize your roof down time, IMHO the HTC is the ticket. Also retains your luggage capacity. Seeing the engine is cool though..

Last edited:
I like the look of the coupe much better, but, ya the roof is very difficult to remove. Always worried I'll scratch the paint and my wife can't take it off or put it on. With the T-Tops on the Camaros she could take them off and I'd put them on for her when she got home. If I had known how awkward it was I'd likely have really considered a vert.

Ya, that's a real advantage with the HTC
Agreed. Still boils down to each drivers desire for the open air drive. Me, not so much. Roof off occasionally is enough. Plus I like to look at the engine in the glass of the coupe. The debate shall rage. Just like the value of 2LT and Z51.

I ordered an HTC. I have had two other convertible Vettes ('67 & '00), and three other convertible vehicles. Just love them. Nothing like driving on the highway with the top down. Having said that, the "open air" with the HTC is not much different than the coupe. So my main reason for going HTC was the always available luggage space in the trunk. I also think it's really neat to see the top go up or down. :)

I went with the coupe but got the dual roof option so have the transparent top as well as the regular one. I definitely see what everyone with a convertible is saying, but for my purposes I know I would rarely drive with the top down, and the transparent top lets it a lot of light and open feeling. I was also a bit leery about the newness of the motors for the convertible top and the chance of them not working in the future. I may get the convertible in the future.

Reactions: MY21C8 and ABC
Both, had a C8 coupe and got frustrated quickly with having to take the roof off and on and store it in the trunk. My lifestyle dictates a HTC (which gets built in a few weeks) as I golf a bunch and cycle a lot as well so I love the idea of keeping my rear trunk. My C8 receives loads of use going to work and cottage constantly and I tempted fate a few times with rain so ordering the HTC was a no brainer for me.

Also, Sparro was kind enough to let me drive his and I felt that the wind buffeting was greatly reduced so that cemented my decision. But the Coupe is the deal of the century really...

Both cars are awesome.