YIKES!!! I lived in Yellowknife from age 12 to 17. Never saw anything like that but many days where we didn't see much sunlight.
Yes but some days that’s all you see! Been a bad fire year all around l’m afraid. On the bright side if there is one, all the areas that burned this year won’t burn for another 40 . We are actually one of the sunniest places in Canada. Over the course of a year no matter where you are on the planet you get the same amount of darkness and light. Just depends on latitude as to how much on a given date. Right on the equator it’s pretty much 12 and 12 all the time. Come back and visit sometime, you would probably be surprised at the changes.

Yes but some days that’s all you see! Been a bad fire year all around l’m afraid. On the bright side if there is one, all the areas that burned this year won’t burn for another 40 . We are actually one of the sunniest places in Canada. Over the course of a year no matter where you are on the planet you get the same amount of darkness and light. Just depends on latitude as to how much on a given date. Right on the equator it’s pretty much 12 and 12 all the time. Come back and visit sometime, you would probably be surprised at the changes.
I have “knee walked” back to my room a few times from the Range and the old Wildcat Cafe…lol.

• Haha
Reactions: C SEVEN GS Bob
I have “knee walked” back to my room a few times from the Range and the old Wildcat Cafe…lol.
Ah . The fond memories. It’s still listed in the phone book as “ The Strange Range “ . What feels strange is walking outside at midnight after being in the bar all night, which has no windows, and it’s still light out. No sneaking home!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.