Feb 2, 2009
Ontario
VetteCoins
checking in from the GTA. Often visit with the non-club at Chapters, Sherway. Incredible car enthusiasts; wonderful cars.

Our Ruby--40th Anniversary 'vert was a once in a lifetime car. But changing fortunes and we had to sell it.

Our C6 was another story. Beautiful car though.

Glad to find this forum...

I'm glad you found this forum, because we are glad to have you here! Welcome! I hope you feel at home here. Sorry to hear that you had to sell your cars. That is never good.

C6 was bought from GM dealer in Toronto. They disclosed the "history". US Car. 11700 klicks. One model year old.
Had a dealer look at it 1 1/2 year later to see what it was worth. They told us it was bought back by GM in the US as a lemon car. Showed the history to us...CarFax. And Car Fax wasn't the same as what they showed us at the dealership. CarFax had errors in it too. CarProof was right on when we demanded that.
So watch what you buy.
Dealer eventually bought it back. With healthy depreciation; but not as bad as it would have been.
Lesson learned there. Carproof.

I love Vettes. I'll get another. Just had to replace my daily driver; not a good time yet.

Good to hear about Carproof. I can't believe that dealership sold you a lemon!:eek: Glad to hear you will be back in a Vette when the timing gets better.

I agree, I wish GM had bought our Alero back. 8 front wheel bearings (& counting) steering column repair (command stalk), both window motor/regulators, Engine (intake manifold gasket leaked and wiped out the cam) and all before 135,000 Km.:swear:

Steve

I agree, I wish GM had bought our Alero back. 8 front wheel bearings (& counting) steering column repair (command stalk), both window motor/regulators, Engine (intake manifold gasket leaked and wiped out the cam) and all before 135,000 Km.:swear:

Steve

I feel your pain.....I just got rid of a 07 GMC duramax, darn thing would have transmisson leaks and axle seals would go, the front diff would leak....oh...and electrical problems everynow and again, but who needs airbags to work, or do you really need to know what gear your in and headlights....well those are just a luxury. It was awful. With no help from the dealer.:mad:
oh well the nightmare is over now:D

james

Good to hear about Carproof. I can't believe that dealership sold you a lemon!:eek: Glad to hear you will be back in a Vette when the timing gets better.

Thing that bothers me was they didn't disclose the real history of the car. Car was fine! Trouble free in a year of ownership. However, I for one wouldn't buy a GM lemon car if it came with full disclosure. I'd be concerned I would never be able to sell it.

Love Vettes. But we're car buyers, not collectors.

Glad to be here. And truly appreciate the Western content. I was born in Victoria; Father was from Alberta, Mother was from Manitoba. I left BC when I was 10 months old...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread