Thanks, I selected the options that mean the most to me. I was on the fence about Z51 ($5900 CAD) + FE4 ($2180 CAD) for an extra $8080 CAD. I did a bunch of research on all the various forums and soul searching. I'm never gonna track this car and I'll never drive it to it's limits on the street either. So I decided to drop those options and just add NPP ($1375 CAD) which is the performance exhaust that gives you the five extra horse power like the Z51 car totalling to 495HP. I recently took a non-Z51 C7 for a spin. It corners and handles great. And also had a comfortable smooth ride and goes like hell too. The C8 is supposed to be better. That spin convinced me I don't need to spend the extra money on something I'm not gonna notice or need. My build is coming in at just over 94K CAD plus taxes and license. You can't get the Z51 spoiler as an option on a non-Z51 car but I'm getting the 5ZU high wing. I don't like the Z51 spoiler. The 5V7 accessory (which as been removed from the latest accessory guide for some reason) consists of the front-splitter found on the Z51 and the STI option which is the moulded black side rocker panel extensions. If 5V7 doesn't become available again I'll just get something from the aftermarket instead. I didn't go for the carbon fibre trim just because I prefer the look of the aluminum in the car. Front-End lift (E60) is a must with this car and at ($1875 CAD) is a great deal seeing it is GPS enabled.
I tend to agree with you. I just read a piece in the Corvette Blogger: USA pricing for my car with exact options would be north of $90K USD which would equal +$120K Cdn. (used 26% exchange rate - 126%). So, at the end of the day, depending on my trade-in value on my C7 with -13,000 km on it I may, for the reasons you mention, do the same thing. The C8 for anyone ordering with a C7 trade-in that wants the same options, the car will be much more money, from what I can see. The vert is $8K more and the vert in the C7 was +$3K, I believe, just to start.

I tend to agree with you. I just read a piece in the Corvette Blogger: USA pricing for my car with exact options would be north of $90K USD which would equal +$120K Cdn. (used 26% exchange rate - 126%). So, at the end of the day, depending on my trade-in value on my C7 with -13,000 km on it I may, for the reasons you mention, do the same thing. The C8 for anyone ordering with a C7 trade-in that wants the same options, the car will be much more money, from what I can see. The vert is $8K more and the vert in the C7 was +$3K, I believe, just to start.
I had it originally built out with most of the goodies and yes, it was coming in around 117k plus taxes. Too much for a Stingray. Then GM came out with the performance numbers and no one will notice a .1 second difference between a Z51 and non-Z51 so I made the change. We know most of the Canadian pricing, only missing a few accessories. The vert option on a 1LT is 9k, on the 2LT is will most likely be $8400. I’m happy with my build, just trying to decide if I want to change to the black roof or keep it body colour as it is currently.

I had it originally built out with most of the goodies and yes, it was coming in around 117k plus taxes. Too much for a Stingray. Then GM came out with the performance numbers and no one will notice a .1 second difference between a Z51 and non-Z51 so I made the change. We know most of the Canadian pricing, only missing a few accessories. The vert option on a 1LT is 9k, on the 2LT is will most likely be $8400. I’m happy with my build, just trying to decide if I want to change to the black roof or keep it body colour as it is currently.
How do you get a $117K? Try $120K + - I guess another $3k is no big deal eh? A C7 so equipped was probably $90K or so?

I was going from memory. It was high and I couldn’t justify that price for a Stingray. So I came down off cloud 9 and just put the essentials that gave it the look I wanted with the louder valved exhaust. Even as mine sits at 94 it’s still a bit higher than I wanted but there was no more fat I was willing to trim.

Agreed, car looks great. If I had the opportunity to get a C8, based on my experience with the C7, I would forgo the Z51 package and the NPP. The after market will come up with a exhaust that is likely lighter, maybe the titanium one, and also a CAI mod.. I would change the brakes to AP Stillen, maybe get LG GT shocks (if they will make them for the C8) and lighter wheels. I figure the mods would run about $20,000, so saving some of the money on the options will help pay for the mods. I can dream ... can't I ??? :)

Reactions: Sparro
I was going from memory. It was high and I couldn’t justify that price for a Stingray. So I came down off cloud 9 and just put the essentials that gave it the look I wanted with the louder valved exhaust. Even as mine sits at 94 it’s still a bit higher than I wanted but there was no more fat I was willing to trim.
Hey, your car will be awesome man and a great driver. I am like you probably: drive to the tennis club, the golf course etc. - no race track etc. - it will be a super ride, to be sure!!!

Reactions: Sparro
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.