kevlar bike

I'm New Here
Nov 5, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
c8
Province
ON
If you want to see exactly what the 2020 C8 Convertible looks like you go thru the Tunnel at the Windsor Detroit border crossing and go to the GM HQ building ; on the lowest level is the Restaurant level and in the middle of this fabulous building is a rotating display of 8 generations of corvette convertibles and the new C8 convertible; the cars are pristine and each car has a power point presentation displayed on huge display screens; I was there for at least and hour and the car is so very close; it made my decision to buy the convertible

Car should be there til Dec 18 or there abouts

C8 convertible at GM HQ Detroit

If you want to see exactly what the 2020 C8 Convertible looks like you go thru the Tunnel at the Windsor Detroit border crossing and go to the GM HQ building ; on the lowest level is the Restaurant level and in the middle of this fabulous building is a rotating display of 8 generations of corvette convertibles and the new C8 convertible; the cars are pristine and each car has a power point presentation displayed on huge display screens; I was there for at least and hour and the car is so very close; it made my decision to buy the convertible

Car should be there til Dec 18 or there abouts

C8 convertible at GM HQ Detroit
Nice - thanks - I originally ordered that color - suppose to be grey - viewed at dealer - blue tint which I did not like - so, switched to Elkhart blue; but, considering the orange - it looks super with black wheels. Interested in colors others have ordered??:Cheers2:

Nice - thanks - I originally ordered that color - suppose to be grey - viewed at dealer - blue tint which I did not like - so, switched to Elkhart blue; but, considering the orange - it looks super with black wheels. Interested in colors others have ordered??:Cheers2:
I went Torch Red with Natural interior on my convertible.

I went Torch Red with Natural interior on my convertible.
Yeah, I could see your color.My C8 vert: 2LT, GT2 seats, FE4, Z51, carbon fiber interior trim, front-lift. No idea what the codes are (yours). Black interior - regardless of exterior - don't get dirty or at least can't tell, black brake calipers (std).

Just in time for the 2021 orders. Maybe GM will work out the constraints and any issues with the car by then. Such a long wait.:(
Yes. Too long especially since I ordered a vert. I wonder if more people will order a vert vs the coupe compared to the C7 numbers? It cost a fair bit more than the C7 vert did.:(

Yeah, I could see your color.My C8 vert: 2LT, GT2 seats, FE4, Z51, carbon fiber interior trim, front-lift. No idea what the codes are (yours). Black interior - regardless of exterior - don't get dirty or at least can't tell, black brake calipers (std).
So my build sits like this as of now; 2LT Vert, torch red with natural interior. Performance exhaust, front-end lift, yellow calipers, red seat belts, rear wing and battery protection package. I also have listed 5V7 which is the Z51 splitter and the black side rocker extensions. However 5V7 for some reason has been removed from the latest accessory list. So I'll wait and see what happens with that.

Yes. Too long especially since I ordered a vert. I wonder if more people will order a vert vs the coupe compared to the C7 numbers? It cost a fair bit more than the C7 vert did.:(
Has your dealer given you an accurate estimate of when you can expect the vert? I'm hoping it will be May or early June at the latest, but I dunno?

Has your dealer given you an accurate estimate of when you can expect the vert? I'm hoping it will be May or early June at the latest, but I dunno?
That will be a nice car. So, no: Z51 or FE4 then? I am afraid that when I get the price I may have to make some changes: remove Z51 & FE4 which is about $7K, I believe? So, you can order the Z51 spoiler as a separate option, carbon fiber trim, front lift I think is a must. I will wait and see? My last vette based on my age; so, I might just go all in??

Late summer; but, really, no idea until later in year. I would get it a fair bit quicker by ordering the coupe.

That will be a nice car. So, no: Z51 or FE4 then? I am afraid that when I get the price I may have to make some changes: remove Z51 & FE4 which is about $7K, I believe? So, you can order the Z51 spoiler as a separate option, carbon fiber trim, front lift I think is a must. I will wait and see? My last vette based on my age; so, I might just go all in??
Thanks, I selected the options that mean the most to me. I was on the fence about Z51 ($5900 CAD) + FE4 ($2180 CAD) for an extra $8080 CAD. I did a bunch of research on all the various forums and soul searching. I'm never gonna track this car and I'll never drive it to it's limits on the street either. So I decided to drop those options and just add NPP ($1375 CAD) which is the performance exhaust that gives you the five extra horse power like the Z51 car totalling to 495HP. I recently took a non-Z51 C7 for a spin. It corners and handles great. And also had a comfortable smooth ride and goes like hell too. The C8 is supposed to be better. That spin convinced me I don't need to spend the extra money on something I'm not gonna notice or need. My build is coming in at just over 94K CAD plus taxes and license. You can't get the Z51 spoiler as an option on a non-Z51 car but I'm getting the 5ZU high wing. I don't like the Z51 spoiler. The 5V7 accessory (which as been removed from the latest accessory guide for some reason) consists of the front-splitter found on the Z51 and the STI option which is the moulded black side rocker panel extensions. If 5V7 doesn't become available again I'll just get something from the aftermarket instead. I didn't go for the carbon fibre trim just because I prefer the look of the aluminum in the car. Front-End lift (E60) is a must with this car and at ($1875 CAD) is a great deal seeing it is GPS enabled.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.