i get going as fast as possible and then coast in neutral LOL *just kidding*

I noticed about a 2-3mpg drop in fuel economy with the cam. Still not bad consider the nature of the cam and the larger injectors

A usually use the 1-4 skip shift, even though it is disabled. Rarely does my car see more than 2k in the city unless I want to get somewhere quickly. I seem to like to just cruise in the car.

Other things you can try is looking ahead for traffic slowdowns and get off the gas early so you can coast up to the jam instead of driving up to it. I also watch pedestrian cross walk singles from a block or more away to predict if I will make a light or not. If not, I get off the gas at that point so I can coast to the red. No Point in being in a hurry if the signal is going to change and you're going to be sitting there anyway.

It's a Corvette. These cars get amazing fuel mileage as they are.
I just did a weekend trip to Akro Ohio in the Vette.
546 Kms door to door. Filled up Friday morning in Gtown, then filled up Saturday in Akron after driving around a bit.
Most of the highway cruising I had the cruise set on 79 mph in 6th gear.

At this level I don't care about gas mileage. Just drive it and enjoy it. :canada:

It's a Corvette. These cars get amazing fuel mileage as they are.
I just did a weekend trip to Akro Ohio in the Vette.
546 Kms door to door. Filled up Friday morning in Gtown, then filled up Saturday in Akron after driving around a bit.
Most of the highway cruising I had the cruise set on 79 mph in 6th gear.

At this level I don't care about gas mileage. Just drive it and enjoy it. :canada:

I agree with Mark, our cars for the performance level get great mpg right from the factory.
You can make a few mods even with cam and heads and still get decent mileage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.