YZFMax

Casual User
Nov 26, 2014
Scarborough, ON
VetteCoins
Car
-
I am considering ordering a 2015 in the next couple of months and was wondering how negotiable the prices are. This will be my first Corvette so don't know if there is any flexibility in the pricing. I checked the GM site and don't seem to qualify for any preferred pricing.

I noticed from the GM site that some dealerships still have new 2014's stock, so assuming there should be some room as there is some supply?

The plan is to attend the Toronto Autoshow next month with my wife. We would like to see the car in person before making any commitments. There are other considerations in car choices, but the Corvette is near the top.

Thanks!

Are you looking for pre-configured or configure to your own style? If it is the latter, you will have to look hard for a dealer and, even so, you are cutting it real close on end of the MY15 build time. There are also a few lot 15's floating around right now I think but I havent seen sales...

Discounts.... I dont think you will find as much as you might like and, for the most part, new Vettes hold their own at MSRP. If you are considering a Z06, don't hold your breath as all are accounted for and got it on good word from GM Canada today that there are no expectations of further allocation. There are US models available if you search though.

Oh...welcome to the site!

Thank you, this is a great site.

I am not in a rush as it will be our 3rd car. I am looking to configure the car as I am particular about the colour and some options. I have not come across a pre-configured car that is what I'm looking for. This will be my second toy car (also have a Mustang GT conv), so I can wait several months if needed.

I was not looking for the Z06, way too much car for me. :)

Plan on paying full pop. You may get something but it is unlikely. Also the vehicle locator on GM's website does not mean they have the car shown. Before I ordered my C7 it indicated that my local dealer had the car I was building. I went to them and they could not even get an allocation.

Good luck, you will not be disappointed in the C7

The most important part of your ordering process is to ask the dealer if they have (or have by a specified date) an allocation that will be yours. You don't want to get caught in the merry-go-round of a dealer that takes your deposist but cannot give a clear answer as to when it will be filled.

Great points. I had a similar issue when ordering my Mustang, took several months for it to come in.

I am looking for a mid-summer delivery, by then, I should have my garage completed and ready for the car.

I was leaning towards a Porsche rather then a C7 but once I saw the car at the car show, well I fell in love (with the C7). It looks much better in life then in photos. Pricing ... I doubt they will move. Try negotiating dealer fees, warranty, free service, etc.

Welcome YZFMax.

Like AllFlash said you need to see if the dealer has allocation before plunking down any cash. Not sure any GTA dealers have any available allocations at the moment. First thing to ask the dealer is how many have they sold and delivered this year and last. If none move on, they won't be able to get you one.

In this thread http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.com/forums/c7-forum/6662-allocation-hand-two-2015-c7-late-spring-early-summer-delivery.html you'll see that Owais had 2 allocations become available for spring summer delivery, but they were snapped up in about a week.

Dealers that have delivered this year should be getting some more allocations but they will not know for sure or when, they are at the mercy of GM. Last year it took me 2 months to find a dealer with an available allocation, then once ordered 3 months to have it delivered.

If you can't find a dealer with an available allocation, my suggestion would be to find a dealer that delivered more then 5 or 6 last year and has no one on a waiting list, then become the first on their list!

Good luck in your hunt.

Welcome YZFMax.

Like AllFlash said you need to see if the dealer has allocation before plunking down any cash. Not sure any GTA dealers have any available allocations at the moment. First thing to ask the dealer is how many have they sold and delivered this year and last. If none move on, they won't be able to get you one.

In this thread http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.com/forums/c7-forum/6662-allocation-hand-two-2015-c7-late-spring-early-summer-delivery.html you'll see that Owais had 2 allocations become available for spring summer delivery, but they were snapped up in about a week.

Dealers that have delivered this year should be getting some more allocations but they will not know for sure or when, they are at the mercy of GM. Last year it took me 2 months to find a dealer with an available allocation, then once ordered 3 months to have it delivered.

If you can't find a dealer with an available allocation, my suggestion would be to find a dealer that delivered more then 5 or 6 last year and has no one on a waiting list, then become the first on their list!

Good luck in your hunt.

Thank you for the advice. I may spend the next couple of weeks calling around then. Now that the C7 is in the second year of production, I am surprised that there are still allocation issues. Gives more credit to the success of the car. :)

Whats is VERY amusing right about now is the fact that Owais actually had to advertise and it took a week or so before anyone snatched up his Z06. I was one who, at the time, was waiting for my C7 and not liking the dealership I was with...hindsight....

Last edited:
Talked to a salesman at Wilson Niblett in Toronto yesterday. Said they just got 12 new allocations for 2015, could check with them. Other than a few GM discounts you aren't likely to negotiate a deal. They have folks lined up for these over the last two years.

Any used U.S cars I have seen brought up to Canada have been substantially over the new MSRP price. No deals there unless maybe you figure out how to bring one up yourself.

Stingrays or Z06s?...since my post just before was Z06.

EDIT... all StingRays their Z06 list still reaches 2017....but the good thing is that would be an ideal place to start since they JUST had them (StingRays) allocated.

Last edited:
Whats is VERY amusing right about now is the fact that Owais actually had to advertise and it took a week or so before anyone snatched up his Z06. I was one who, at the time, was waiting for my C7 and not liking the dealership I was with...hindsight....

@AllFlash

Yes it took a couple of weeks I think before those two were sold! And now I get a call for a Z06 almost every other day and I cant get one.

Im really happy for my Z06 customers who believed in me back then. Looking forward to deliver them in the coming months.

Those are all Stingrays, Wilson Niblett has no allocations not spoken for so far as Z06. Given it's January I imagine by spring they will be sold out again and waiting for a few dribs and drab allocations again like they did last year.

That's how I got mine last year, they received 2 add'l allocations for non Z51's in May so I got my order in. Fortunately due to some help from GM I was able to get the ZF1 package, which is what I really wanted. Not interested in tracking the car but like the bigger wheels/rims and look.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.