Someone asking the price at the gas station is an entirely different dynamic from asking a salesman at a dealer :

I disagree if someone asks the price at the dealer like I did. When I went to the dealer to shop for a C7, I went in there seriously and told him so I wasn't there to kick tires, the salesman said he'd make me a better deal on the sticker price because he wanted the dealer to be the top seller in the area. So I asked what was the actual price. I went there to see if I could find something within my very specific budget. He came back a few minutes later saying 500$ biweekly. That answer pissed me off because it was a huge insult taking me for a moron and playing games. For me it isn't useless information because my budget and payment plan was made up already. Then trying to hide the fact that all people budget their stuff on a monthly basis and making it look affordable with a lower number is another deceitful tactic in my opinion. My GF was confused so I said 1000$/month and she started to comprehended, the payment could of been 6 years, 10 years, 12 years who knows, it didn't answer my question what the price was.

In no way was I going to go over budget and ending up in financial trouble. I asked again and he replied he didn't know. He was black listed, the dealership too.
Nice point!

I remember I saw in the market for a used car and I had previously owned a real nice Maxima, last year before they changed the rear window shape...I so loved that car as it was so well appointed and sleeper fast with the 3.5 .

I saw in the paper a great used one at one of the dealerships so I gave them a call....asked what the price on it was. The guy game me a trigonometry question for an answer 365/72 * 25 with blah blah blah I said okay I just want to all in price for the vehicle....he calls me up 30 minutes later its blah blah blah....I said I want to know the all in price for the car ..... he could not give the the answer all I wanted to know was how much to write the cheque of 23K 20K what is the price hahahahahah.

I called a friend he told me to call his buddy at a dealership...I spoke to Norm...what do you have on the lot that is a great buy and the dealership does not have lots of money into.....he said where are you I told him I was at work he said I'll be by in 25 miinutes.....he comes rolling into our parking lots and the guys on my crew go "Kev you gotta buy that!".

Norm opens the door its wickedly appointed inside I ask him how much he says 21K I say 19.5 he goes 20 I said done deal Ill be but tomorrow morning after shift.

2003 Infinity G35 and I still have her as my spring to fall drive.

Reactions: Riley P and Tango
So I'd like to know your stories and events when your car and you get that head turning attention. What are the positive comments, do some act jealously with negative comments? Due to the car being an attention grabber do the police try to follow to catch you or pull you over for no obvious reason?

Do you get annoyed from people who want to chat you up at the gas station? Or do you love the eyes on you while driving?
The response we get varies but my favourite schtik in response to questions or comments is "oh it's my wife's car, she lets me drive it once in a while". I went to put fuel in it last fall and as I was fueling it up another senior pulled into an adjacent pump with a duce coupe hotrod all done up with lots of chrome and a nice paint job. He smiled and called over to me "mid life crisis too?"

Last summer our car club had a monthly get together where we ended the meetup by going for a group cruise. As a stop along the way we drove into a mall that hosted a hot rod and custom car show in front of a Canadian Tire Store. We parked and got out to check out the cars in the show and a bunch of the people there thought that our car was part of the car show and when we got back to the car there was a large group of people around it checking it out and we had lots of comments and questions about it.

Almost every time we take it out we are greeted with a "woo-hoo!", a thums up or someone asking us to do a burnout.

Attachments

• 20170319_131916.jpg
    20170319_131916.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 43
  • cultus (3).jpg
    cultus (3).jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I get no attention. In the 4 years I have owned it maybe a couple of people comment. Same thing at a cruise night. Everyone is around the newer vets. It’s just a bone stock mint 50th anniversary convertible.
My 69 Camaro is a different story.

Reactions: OttawaKev
I get no attention. In the 4 years I have owned it maybe a couple of people comment. Same thing at a cruise night. Everyone is around the newer vets. It’s just a bone stock mint 50th anniversary convertible.
My 69 Camaro is a different story.

Yeah, my car only gets a bit of attention because it's bright yellow (and I'm driving it in the winter). It's not really attention-grabbing. This might change when I install straight pipes, a giant wing on the back and do a full race car livery.

Reactions: OL Yeller
Why not tell people who say "how much did your car cost" that Corvette prices are all over the map depending on the year and condition but you should know that Corvettes in general are the most reasonably priced sports car which is why they are the number one selling sports car.

I have a exceptionally clean Black Rose Metallic 93 that seems to be getting more attention each year.

In mid September, after only owning my car for a week or two, I had to pick my wife up from her work on a Saturday afternoon. I parked along a street near a park bench. I went and sat on the bench, taking in the beautiful day, and also keeping my new obsession in site. 2 different people stopped and took a picture of the car....color me proud!

Tango, did you finally take possession of your car?

In mid September, after only owning my car for a week or two, I had to pick my wife up from her work on a Saturday afternoon. I parked along a street near a park bench. I went and sat on the bench, taking in the beautiful day, and also keeping my new obsession in site. 2 different people stopped and took a picture of the car....color me proud!

Tango, did you finally take possession of your car?

Awesome I think I'll do that too! :Woohoo: I might go to an auto show for a brief moment this summer.

Yep I got the car, only seen it for less than 10-15 minutes before it was stored in a dark place. I'm going tomorrow to take the battery out and owner's manual and at the same time show it to my GF. I'm going to need my work lights it so dark. Check this out if you are interested :

So I'd like to know your stories and events when your car and you get that head turning attention. What are the positive comments, do some act jealously with negative comments? Due to the car being an attention grabber do the police try to follow to catch you or pull you over for no obvious reason?

Do you get annoyed from people who want to chat you up at the gas station? Or do you love the eyes on you while driving?
While we're on this topic, the most fun and memorable moment I've had with this car took place 2 years ago with my grandson. His dad is a Warrant Officer in the Canadian Army. He often gets sent away on assignments and had been away for a month as a trainer to Shiloh Manitoba. My daughter told me that my grandson was sad and really missing his dad. Since it was the last week of school before summer break I told my daughter to not pick up my grandson from school and that I'd pick him up in the Corvette as a surprise.

I left early enough to be able to park right outside his Grade 2 classroom door. I happened to look and saw one of my grandson's classmates look out the window and immediately disappear followed by every boy in the classroom peering out the window and then the window blinds were pulled down.

My grandson's teacher said "I can't compete with that" and pulled the blinds. When the class was dismissed I was mobbed by the entire classroom and some of the kids mom's. Lots of questions and comments but the most fun of all was all of the boys giving my grandson high fives as we slowly pulled away.

Attachments

• 20170514_143344 (2).jpg
    20170514_143344 (2).jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 35
While we're on this topic, the most fun and memorable moment I've had with this car took place 2 years ago with my grandson. His dad is a Warrant Officer in the Canadian Army. He often gets sent away on assignments and had been away for a month as a trainer to Shiloh Manitoba. My daughter told me that my grandson was sad and really missing his dad. Since it was the last week of school before summer break I told my daughter to not pick up my grandson from school and that I'd pick him up in the Corvette as a surprise.

I left early enough to be able to park right outside his Grade 2 classroom door. I happened to look and saw one of my grandson's classmates look out the window and immediately disappear followed by every boy in the classroom peering out the window and then the window blinds were pulled down.

My grandson's teacher said "I can't compete with that" and pulled the blinds. When the class was dismissed I was mobbed by the entire classroom and some of the kids mom's. Lots of questions and comments but the most fun of all was all of the boys giving my grandson high fives as we slowly pulled away.
DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER !!!!!!

Yes sir !! that is what memories are made of.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.