Sep 10, 2020
London
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette HTC
Province
ON
Some of you have already reached out on other threads saying you want to get one. Many dealers have lists already but many buyers may pass based on the price of this car.
I am forming a list of my own as I deal with many dealerships both low and high volume. Who is wanting a ZR1 and are you currently on list at a dealership and if so what dealer and since when?
Scott

Some of you have already reached out on other threads saying you want to get one. Many dealers have lists already but many buyers may pass based on the price of this car.
I am forming a list of my own as I deal with many dealerships both low and high volume. Who is wanting a ZR1 and are you currently on list at a dealership and if so what dealer and since when?
Scott
Yes, count me in.

Scott
On a list in Edmonton x 3 years - Northgate. I have ordered and visited the factory to see my cars being assembled on 5 separate Corvettes. If I can get an allocation then I will follow through on the purchase. If you start a list then I'd like to be on it

On a list in Edmonton x 3 years - Northgate. I have ordered and visited the factory to see my cars being assembled on 5 separate Corvettes. If I can get an allocation then I will follow through on the purchase. If you start a list then I'd like to be on it
Northgate is full of it would take your "3 year wait" with a grain of salt. I've spoken to many managers and sales persons over the years and always get the run around from "there is no lists", "list will start once its announced", "list will start once we can get order one", and random sales people having there own lists haha. Had an altercation with ownership who simply told me I wouldn't get one "ZR1's go to ownership, friends of owners, or customers of 20+ years who bought many Corvettes in past"

I am on a list at Paul Sadlon. But I am still deciding on either the new or ZR1 or a 2019 ZR1 , manual , in the orange. Pricing probably similar. Those 2019 are pretty sweet and will probably be much rarer than the new one. There are two orange manuals for sale in Ontario now , but I will wait untill I see a new ZR1 in person.

Scott
Scott, add me to your list please. I’m not currently on any ZR1 lists.

Do I want one...hell yes! Can I afford one Oh hell :tearz: no!
Thank you for your donation last week Sir! I am working on a plan with regards to the ZR1. The biggest challenge will be getting the car.

Reactions: PapaSmurf
Scott, add me to your list please. I’m not currently on any ZR1 lists.
Thanks for your donation Nader and I hope your enjoying your new Z06 I was able to locate for you! The ZR1 is going to be a challenge but I am already speaking to contacts about getting multiple cars for our members. Most dealers do not feel like they will be getting one based on what happened in 2019 when they didn't get one of the ZR1's.

Thanks for your donation Nader and I hope your enjoying your new Z06 I was able to locate for you! The ZR1 is going to be a challenge but I am already speaking to contacts about getting multiple cars for our members. Most dealers do not feel like they will be getting one based on what happened in 2019 when they didn't get one of the ZR1's.
2019 was a short run though, correct?
If this time around G.M. keeps building these for a few years (as you noted), perhaps some of these dealers will see a few.

Build em, build em, build em!!!!!

Make sure u (GM) get into multiple years of production of C8 ZR1's it'll make my C7 ZR more valuable. 😀
I'm curious what the C8 ZR1 will do to your value, it's such a leap in performance, I feel it depends how much the new one sells for.

I've always thought the C7 ZR1 manual was badass but if both cars had an approx. 175k USD value I'm going C8 all day every day

Scott please add my name to your impossible to get car list

Thanks Gilles

2019 was a short run though, correct?
If this time around G.M. keeps building these for a few years (as you noted), perhaps some of these dealers will see a few.
It was a 20 month run for most of what have been the 2018 model year as well and they only built 2953 of them.
This time around the top 100 dealers will want all of each years allocations based on the previous years sales and will the following
year as well. Most dealers will still not get one.

It was a 20 month run for most of what have been the 2018 model year as well and they only built 2953 of them.
This time around the top 100 dealers will want all of each years allocations based on the previous years sales and will the following
year as well. Most dealers will still not get one.

In my short time dealing with buying Corvettes, the one thing I have learned is that you can't count on anything anyone says.
My Stingray, which I was told would take 2 to 3 years, was in my driveway within 6 months.
My E-Ray, which I was told would take 4 to 5 years, is now sitting at home, delivered in just under 1 1/2 years.
Yes, I agree most dealers will never see a ZR1.
That said, I'm in no rush, and I'm on a few lists, so we shall see.

I'm curious what the C8 ZR1 will do to your value, it's such a leap in performance, I feel it depends how much the new one sells for.

I've always thought the C7 ZR1 manual was badass but if both cars had an approx. 175k USD value I'm going C8 all day every day
Still a lot of unknowns with the new car but being that I'm biased I'll just say that it will most likely not hurt the value too much if at all. Lots of badass performance Vettes (like my car and this one) have appeared since the 63 split window car and L88 cars and what are the prices for those cars now??? The C7 ZR1 may or may not hit the values of those cars (not in my lifetime) but it will be a sought after car long into the future.

Currently on BAT there is a M7 ZTK ZR1, auction is over tomorrow and is currently sitting at US$160k, MSRP on that car was US$142k with a possible mileage issue listed on Carfax that the seller is trying to sort out. This could ultimately hurt what it could go for but the fact that with 1 day to go it's already $17k+ over at auction tells you C7 ZR's optioned properly with low mileage WILL NOT drop in $$$$. We'll have to see about the C8 version once pricing is announced and whether it's true about GM saying they will build as many as they can sell during multiple model years.

Last edited:
I am on a list at Paul Sadlon. But I am still deciding on either the new or ZR1 or a 2019 ZR1 , manual , in the orange. Pricing probably similar. Those 2019 are pretty sweet and will probably be much rarer than the new one. There are two orange manuals for sale in Ontario now , but I will wait untill I see a new ZR1 in person.
There is 1 orange car in Sudbury private seller and 1 (US car) at Leggat Burlington. Both 1ZR cars without SODP. Leggat car has comp seats, GT seats in the Sudbury car. Are these the cars you are referring to?