Northgate is full of it would take your "3 year wait" with a grain of salt. I've spoken to many managers and sales persons over the years and always get the run around from "there is no lists", "list will start once its announced", "list will start once we can get order one", and random sales people having there own lists haha. Had an altercation with ownership who simply told me I wouldn't get one "ZR1's go to ownership, friends of owners, or customers of 20+ years who bought many Corvettes in past"
I had a similar issue with a dealership in Calgary, I have bought all my Corvettes there except my very first one. It didn't matter that I was first on the list since 2019 for a Z06, they sold to the highest bidder over MSRP. I chose not to participate in a bidding war. There are good dealerships out there who are interested in the customer long term and are known to forum members.

Mr. Corvette seems to be a straight shooter, if he starts a list I would definitely like to be on it and if he gets me an allocation I will follow through and purchase the car.

Reactions: Mr.Corvette
The C7 ZR1 that I mentioned about yesterday in my posting above on BAT just ended.........................because this particular vehicle is spec'd properly with low mileage and being a M7 car the hammer dropped down on this car at..........................US$251k (CAN$348k) + US$5k fee.

So........................is the C8 ZR1 going to drop the value of a C7 ZR1 when it comes out????? Doesn't look like it based on this auction.

Make of this what you will, FYI.

I had a similar issue with a dealership in Calgary, I have bought all my Corvettes there except my very first one. It didn't matter that I was first on the list since 2019 for a Z06, they sold to the highest bidder over MSRP. I chose not to participate in a bidding war. There are good dealerships out there who are interested in the customer long term and are known to forum members.
Thats reality of today's world. Alot of dealers only get maybe 1-5 of these special cars per year so they want to squeeze as much profit as they can get. When multiple dealers can get 20-50k over MSRP easily then it makes no sense to sell at MSRP in dealers perspective (market pricing). Thats fine they can do that I just prefer them being up front about it and not give false impressions like "your on the list, we have a long list, etc" but in the end there isn't a list or your not getting one cause its getting sold to the dude who has the biggest wallet.

Reactions: vacek
You can build your C8 ZR1 on USA chevy website, not a full build like if you were to want to order a car with prices and stuff but general build so you get an idea what your ZR will look like.

Attachments

• The New 2025 Corvette ZR1 _ Performance Vehicle _ Chevy and 1 more page - Profile 1 - Microsof...png
    The New 2025 Corvette ZR1 _ Performance Vehicle _ Chevy and 1 more page - Profile 1 - Microsof...png
    181.1 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 1st Vette
Welcome to CCF Kingsley. We are waiting for the full 2025 Configurator to go live initially on Chevrolet.com, have you joined us due to a particular liking for the ZR1 or have you been following us for a while?

What car do you currently have and are you on a list with a BC dealership?
I don't have a corvette currently. I was going to get a Z06 but I want to go with ZR1 instead now. I'm on the "list" with Carter Northshore, Preston, and Sherwood in Alberta. I put list in quotes because they won't give me a concrete answer on my spot on the list

I don't have a corvette currently. I was going to get a Z06 but I want to go with ZR1 instead now. I'm on the "list" with Carter Northshore, Preston, and Sherwood in Alberta. I put list in quotes because they won't give me a concrete answer on my spot on the list
I am thinking that by the time the ZR1 comes to Canada for the remainder of the 2025 model year Sherwood will probably get 2-3 and the others 0 or max 1 each.
They won't tell you because like so many others, your multiple years down on the list for a car they will barely see. With you not having a purchase history with these dealers that pushes you further down.

I'm not really interested in the ZR1. I'm not a drag racer and I've always driven my vehicles with all driving aids off under any road/weather condition.

Something tells me that driving a 1000+ HP rear wheel drive vehicle with no aids on the streets with my "throttle application tendencies", will probably win me the Darwin award. Z06 is a puppy compared to the Cerberus that is ZR1.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
No Interest, yes the car will be awesome but over 1000hp RWD will put the Corvette in the same realm of when it was front engine, unusable horsepower. Where does GM go from here? Mandatory AWD to kill any and all driving feel? But now the exhaust is muffled because of turbos?

The horsepower number will sell the car but you can't use it on the street and it sounds worse than a Z06. The Z06 is also too much car for the street at almost 700hp but at least it sounds amazing so I'd rather have a Z06.

I don't know maybe I'm pessimistic but I'm also the guy who would rather drive a GT3 over a GT2 RS. Give me the response, feel and sound of a naturally aspirated engine that still has enough power to get you in trouble quick over a turbo engine that mutes the experience and costs 100k more.

I don't think C7 ZR1 manuals will be losing any value either when the C8 ZR1 hits the lot, completely different cars.

I'd never pay the potential 250k+ price of a turbo automatic Corvette. I don't care what the power is, its useless.

Again, its awesome GM made this but it's not my thing.

Well said Exia. I do have an interest in the new ZR1 but I am seriously leaning towards a manual C7 ZR1 . That car truly looks , performs and sounds like a beast. I buy cars like this for the total driving experience and part of that is windows down listening to the engine. Currently have a Shelby GT 350 and the sound of that flat plane crank engine is just so amazing.

I will buy one more car for my garage but have not decided which just yet toss up between the Shelby gt 350 R , 2019 ZR1 , Porche gt3rs or the new ZR1 . I know first world problems.

Reactions: 61ratvette
I could afford one, but if I bought one my wife would divorce me and then I couldn't afford it. ;)

But I really have zero interest. For my use cases, the Stingray is the perfect street car. I can't really use all the power it has except on rare occasions. A ZR-1 is total overkill for a street car, and will likely be a far less pleasant place to spend time. Noisier, rougher riding, worse (much worse, probably) gas mileage, less storage so less practical for travel. It's an amazing achievement, but I'm no more interested in one than I am a 1000 HP Bugatti.

That doesn't mean it won't be exactly what someone else wants. Different strokes....

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: KTJF and Murray20c8
Zero interest. For my use cases, the Stingray is the perfect street car. I can't really use all the power it has except on rare occasions. A ZR-1 is total overkill for a street car, and will likely be a far less pleasant place to spend time. Noisier, rougher riding, worse (much worse, probably) gas mileage, less storage so less practical for travel. It's an amazing achievement, but I'm no more interested in one than I am a 1000 HP Bugatti.
That's great then as you live in a market where dealers will be wanting $50-100 K market adjustment to get one. In starting this thread I was asking who was wanting the car not who's not. You points are all valid though, the Stingray is more of a comfortable daily driver, but so is the E-Ray.

That's great then as you live in a market where dealers will be wanting $50-100 K market adjustment to get one. In starting this thread I was asking who was wanting the car not who's not. You points are all valid though, the Stingray is more of a comfortable daily driver, but so is the E-Ray.
Did Canadian dealers want that kind of market adjustment when the C7 ZR1 was for sale?

Did Canadian dealers want that kind of market adjustment when the C7 ZR1 was for sale?
We didn't see the dealer-rape-the-customer mentality until the C8 hit the market and buyers were flipping them the next day for $30k over retail. A lot of dealers caught up in this obviously decided they may as well get in on the big payday. If you can get your hands on a C8 ZR1 in 2025/26, have an extra $100k plus in your pocket.

Reactions: 1st Vette
The ones that I'm aware of in our Ontario market of out of the 131 that were sold in Canada were at MSRP.

We didn't see the dealer-rape-the-customer mentality until the C8 hit the market and buyers were flipping them the next day for $30k over retail. A lot of dealers caught up in this obviously decided they may as well get in on the big payday. If you can get your hands on a C8 ZR1 in 2025/26, have an extra $100k plus in your pocket.
Correct me if I am wrong, but anyone that chose to pay 'over' MSRP for a Corvette, did so of their own free will, right?

Reactions: DenisC8
Correct me if I am wrong, but anyone that chose to pay 'over' MSRP for a Corvette, did so of their own free will, right?
Yes, anyone who doesn't like the price a dealer is asking is free to walk away on a new or used car.

Reactions: DenisC8