Aug 4, 2020
Brooklin
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette
Province
ON
I've been procrastinating long enough on making my car louder. I'm just not happy with the stock NPP anymore. Especially listening to both my sons C5 and C6 with long tubes and straight pipes.

How many people that have C8's and are coming to Murrays this Saturday have aftermarket exhaust and which one do you have? I want to hear as many in person as I can.

Its not looking good for us vacek. :tearz:

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 12.46.03 PM.png

I put a Borla ATAK on my Stingray a few weeks ago. Its loud and amazing. I don't live in the area of the drive but if anyone is ever around Kingston and wants to hear it let me know. I got the exhaust for 4800 Canadian before install.

Absolutely worth the money for me, I'm very happy with it.

All of this hunting for my buddy, I ordered a Borla S-Type w/NPP and Carbon Fiber tips for myself :p

I didn’t want LOUD, so this is just slightly less than the Atak and fits me better.

@PapaSmurf next time you’re in NB, more than welcome to swing by for a listen :) I’ll be posting a new thread with video when I’m back from vacation and it’s installed in early Sept.

I ordered the MBRP unit for my car last week. Hopefully I like it. Plan on selling the car in the not too distant future so didn’t want to spend $7,000 for a freakin’ exhaust.

Does anyone know if I can make the exhaust shine like other units? It is made out of stainless steel.

Attachments

• IMG_2648.jpeg
    IMG_2648.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: vacek
I ordered the MBRP unit for my car last week. Hopefully I like it. Plan on selling the car in the not too distant future so didn’t want to spend $7,000 for a freakin’ exhaust.

Does anyone know if I can make the exhaust shine like other units? It is made out of stainless steel.
If you live in the GTA I'd love to hear it when its installed.

So this happened today:

IMG_4936.jpeg

My new Borla S-Type w/NPP and Carbon tips arrived ..

And tomorrow we are driving to Cape Breton for 3 weeks on holidays in the fam SUV …. :oops:

Scheduled in Sept 4th to be installed the day after I’m back.

No sleep for 3 weeks while I wait lol

Take everything out of the box and put it in the frunk and trunk. Saw someone doing it on YouTube. 😂

A performance shop quoted me $1,000 all in with tax. Does this seem high or OK?
Good question! Sounds a little high to me, but it is likely a lot of work.

Tips came in today! MBRP ships out the exhaust with matte carbon finish tips with their logo plastered on top which I hate. The inside is also silver which gets dirty with carbon build up especially the outer tips.

Sellers in the US like Paragon and Corsa wanted upwards of $700 USD for 4 tips which they get from China. After a little digging around, I found the manufacturer and ordered all 4 myself for $150 all in with shipping and duty.

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2839.jpeg