Case75

High RPM Poster
2 You're 10
Jul 6, 2012
Earth
VetteCoins
Car
none right now.
GM has an L31-R long block that can be had in the states for under $2100.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/nal-12530283/overview/make/chevrolet

When you look into it, you get a roller block and cam (which includes the spider and lifters, etc.) with 9.4:1 Vortec heads, an oil pan, front cover, timing set and it's a 4 bolt block. PM rods and hyper pistons too. $2000 less than a ZZ4. The only thing missing is the forged crank which is only a 1053 forging in the ZZ4. Down the road the heads could be updated and a cam with more duration would certainly help as long as the lift stayed below .450. Seems like a reasonable way to get a 4 bolt roller. Or am I out to lunch?

I looked into a crate for my 74 they are cheaper in the states problem is I don't think they warranty the motor as soon as it leaves the states
Gm here wants 8 gran for a zz4

carlos, there are dealers here in the gmpp that have decent pricing. these dealers have alot of racers as customers. mcmaster in orangeville is good and if i'm not mistaken manny is also an agent for gmpp. the pricing varies greatly from dealers in the program and those who are not. :D

greg , with the vortec heads you will need a vortec specific intake manifold. for me personally this is the route i would take.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-150100/overview/

with a good rotating assembly using dished pistons and six inch rods along with decent heads like 64cc afr 180's you can have a nice stroker without spending too large. :D

That's a lot more money when you start adding up parts and labour to assemble. Fine if you can do your own work though.

You can always get someone to build you something for about 2500 to 3500
I just bought a rebuilt 350 from a guy that built it now really needs cash could be a s**t show but could turn out awesome
My heads are in need of a rebuilt and shops are quoting me 1600 plus tax
Doing the engine swap myself should be fun

Yes, spun a bearing. Needs a crank and rod and machine work. Just looking to replace with something reliable. No big hurry. Doing lots of research.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread