Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t realize it had a 2-tone interior which reduces the over-all interior red colour. Craig will send anyone interested the build specs with Web photos but here’s the breakdown after taking into account it’s an LT2 HTC:

-full length carbon flash dual racing stripes ($1,145 option)
-almost $12,400 other options when you deduct the high wing which is now on factory constraint:
—5 trident spoke black painted aluminum wheels
-carbon flash center caps with crossed flag logo to match the new rims
—carbon flash nacelles
—carbon flash mirrors
—battery protection package
—bright red brake calipers
—performance exhaust
—black rocker extensions
—black belts (standard, so not an option)
—GT2seats: and 2-tone (red/black)
—premium floor mats

Watch the video...besides a $300K C8.R check out what these 1LTs were fetching...bananas.

Funny, just sent this very video to Gilles tonight (before seeing this post), reminding him what he could have made in his pocket if he went with a C8.R purchase instead of the AO. Personally I love the look of the C8.R, and it does make me want to consider the more expensive CF aero. And yes, even the 1LT's were selling for crazy money in that auction. Supply and demand I guess.

What I do look forward to see is all of the Stingrays being traded into dealers when people get called for their Z06 allocations this summer, curious to hear what the dealers will offer on trade-in, and what they will mark up on those trade-ins to make some coin on the side without GM slapping their wrist. I anticipate a lot of trade-ins. Meanwhile I will just have to sit and keep waiting it out patiently for my Stingray at some distant date.

Reactions: CamsC8
that's an awesome spec, and should sell in minutes.

PS. if your dealer is charging more than 250$ for dealer fees, you are over paying ;)
The dealer’s fees is how the dealer keeps the heat & lights on when selling MSRP or less. Ya pay for what you get. If these fees are disturbing, the dealer will simply add them to MSRP. One way or another, the dealer needs a cut of the action…Happy Motoring!

Reactions: vinny's vette
Funny, just sent this very video to Gilles tonight (before seeing this post), reminding him what he could have made in his pocket if he went with a C8.R purchase instead of the AO. Personally I love the look of the C8.R, and it does make me want to consider the more expensive CF aero. And yes, even the 1LT's were selling for crazy money in that auction. Supply and demand I guess.

What I do look forward to see is all of the Stingrays being traded into dealers when people get called for their Z06 allocations this summer, curious to hear what the dealers will offer on trade-in, and what they will mark up on those trade-ins to make some coin on the side without GM slapping their wrist. I anticipate a lot of trade-ins. Meanwhile I will just have to sit and keep waiting it out patiently for my Stingray at some distant date.
Funny thing, I thought I might do just that, until I had the driving experience of a local Z06...bang, bang, down a concrete spring thaw bumpy road talked me out of that pretty quickly. I added 100 Hp to my C8 and am a happy camper…ready to run with any of the ”big” boys. Happy Motoring!

Reactions: vinny's vette
The dealer’s fees is how the dealer keeps the heat & lights on when selling MSRP or less. Ya pay for what you get. If these fees are disturbing, the dealer will simply add them to MSRP. One way or another, the dealer needs a cut of the action…Happy Motoring!
You do know that dealers make around $5000 on every c8 they sell at msrp

Sorry guys and I know this will go against the grain but how do you expect car dealerships to survive if they don't charge fees. Just be thankful we aren't in the US with price gouging...

What folks don't often understand is that dealerships cost a fortune to run and maintain. They often need to take a boat load of cars they typically don't want in order to maintain a franchise, need to often spruce up their showrooms at the request of the manufacturer, etc. Businesses need to make money otherwise why do it?

Reactions: DAL and SONSH1NE
Sorry guys and I know this will go against the grain but how do you expect car dealerships to survive if they don't charge fees. Just be thankful we aren't in the US with price gouging...

What folks don't often understand is that dealerships cost a fortune to run and maintain. They often need to take a boat load of cars they typically don't want in order to maintain a franchise, need to often spruce up their showrooms at the request of the manufacturer, etc. Businesses need to make money otherwise why do it?
Dealers don’t pay msrp, they get cars for thousands dollars less. In the case of C8 they make around $5000 profit. Msrp already has great profit built in, and has room for dealers to discount msrp by 1-2 thousand and still make a profit to “keep the lights on”

Funny thing, I thought I might do just that, until I had the driving experience of a local Z06...bang, bang, down a concrete spring thaw bumpy road talked me out of that pretty quickly. I added 100 Hp to my C8 and am a happy camper…ready to run with any of the ”big” boys. Happy Motoring!
What exactly did you do to add 100hp to your c8?

Reactions: TCinthe6 and AxeZ06
Dealers don’t pay msrp, they get cars for thousands dollars less. In the case of C8 they make around $5000 profit. Msrp already has great profit built in, and has room for dealers to discount msrp by 1-2 thousand and still make a profit to “keep the lights on”
I thought the service department brought in most of the money for the dealerships. Selling 1-2 cars per day and making a couple of grand (most cars sold are not Corvettes) is not near enough to run a car business, I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread