On previous cars I've used similar metal polishes (usually Mothers) to clean and polish, then wax after, and never had yellowing. I've often wondered if the heat just burns the wax off.

What, you means claims of added hp might be exaggerated? *mind blown* :doh:

lol.... I would welcome a correction on this Creedence. I think you should dyno your car before and after waxing the tips just so we know for certain... :carrace:

Reactions: ddgermann
After about 10 months I have no regrets and have received compliments on the tone. I also feel like it's a quality piece, and even though my decision was partly budget driven, I would recommend it to anyone and I would get it again even with a larger budget. I also go to a few meets with wings dinga hot rods and it's nice to sound similar or better.

I do drive it in winter but not a lot, so after more spring driving and now into summer, it broke in some more. The idle is still deep and authoritative but lost done more bark. Cold starts are similarly less barky and the resonance at cold is nearly gone. I just did a road trip from Vancouver to the Okanagan with divided highway, 2 lane highway with straight, sweeping, tighter twisting, and the sound was enjoyable and infectious. Cruise has a nice rumble but not intrusive and speed and load variances change the rumble. Decelerating into turns and accelerating out along with passing on 2 lane is thoroughly enjoyable. The stock stereo could be clearly heard as well. To be fair I've disconnected the centre speaker, insulated the rear cargo floor, panel behind the seats, and the doors, which made a marked improvement in audio quality and reduced road noise.

After about 10 months I have no regrets and have received compliments on the tone. I also feel like it's a quality piece, and even though my decision was partly budget driven, I would recommend it to anyone and I would get it again even with a larger budget. I also go to a few meets with wings dinga hot rods and it's nice to sound similar or better.

I do drive it in winter but not a lot, so after more spring driving and now into summer, it broke in some more. The idle is still deep and authoritative but lost done more bark. Cold starts are similarly less barky and the resonance at cold is nearly gone. I just did a road trip from Vancouver to the Okanagan with divided highway, 2 lane highway with straight, sweeping, tighter twisting, and the sound was enjoyable and infectious. Cruise has a nice rumble but not intrusive and speed and load variances change the rumble. Decelerating into turns and accelerating out along with passing on 2 lane is thoroughly enjoyable. The stock stereo could be clearly heard as well. To be fair I've disconnected the centre speaker, insulated the rear cargo floor, panel behind the seats, and the doors, which made a marked improvement in audio quality and reduced road noise.[/QUOTE Good to hear you liking the hookers more and more (hahaha). As I do not have many miles on mine they are loud when I first start it they quite down once they are warmed up but still have a slight drone which I feel is not as bad as when first installed. Down shifts do give a loud bark which is long tube headers and the super charger. My lovely wife thinks it is fine so far. Cruising at highways speeds 110 is very pleasant and not to loud. Unfortunately we did not go on the Rocky Mountain cruise as I feared the snow even though there was not a lot of the white stuff on the roads. I am sure the mileage would have helped break in the new pipes. As we all know this crappy weather here in Alberta has not been good cruising weather. I also have had compliments on the sound. My grandsons love it they say it makes the car sound tough they are ages 5,8 and 11, they are all Corvette crazy as there dad has a 74 Corvette which has a beautiful rumble. I will keep you informed as I get more miles on it.

Ian
Will be in Maple Ridge tomorrow until Thursday. Would like to compare our Hooker systems if you can find the time.

Text me at 250-770-0840 and maybe we can find a meeting place.
Dave
I wish I could join you guys but that would be a long trip from Airdrie just to compare . I have had good comments from a lot of guys in CCF Calgary area. A slight drone
still there but as bad as when installed. I like the sound it is great.

Have them on my car. I love them and yes they growel when letting off the gas. Sounds great They look great I installed the hooker plate to add stability and looks. I did them myself on my back better you pay Midas to instal easier and safer. I would not install my self again and I am handy doing car repairs. Bought them for $1100 because of a small scratch on muffler which you cannot see once installed. Love these mufflers best ones on the markets highly recommend.

Dave, I just saw your post and got your PM now, sorry about that, I haven't been on the forum in a few days. If we don't connect here, I have family in Summerland and get up there a couple times a year.

Wayne, how many KMs have you put on since the install? I think you'll continue to find that drone settle down, as mine settled down after the first few hundred KMs and then I found it settled down even more. I never really thought I had drone, just a resonance, and barkier when cold. Last month I drove the Coquihalla from Hope to Merritt, then the connector from Merritt to Peachland, with the cruise set between 110-130, anywhere from 1500-2000 RPMs and it was thoroughly enjoyable, with a nice rumble in the background that was not harsh over time. Up the hills it sounded deeper than on the flat, and down hills I couldn't hear it over the road noise.

Blk Brand Sport, glad that you're happy. I did mine myself, didn't have too many problems, and would do it again as long as I had some padding to lay on as opposed to concrete, as I moved like an old man for a could days after.

I can't say enough about the sound, as they are probably some of my favourite LS sound. I tend to not like the sound of the LS compared to the Chevy 350 and Ford V8s as they sound raspier and higher pitched, but the Hookers give my car a "deep muscle car tone" just like their marketing says, without being too loud or harsh.

Dave, I just saw your post and got your PM now, sorry about that, I haven't been on the forum in a few days. If we don't connect here, I have family in Summerland and get up there a couple times a year.

Wayne, how many KMs have you put on since the install? I think you'll continue to find that drone settle down, as mine settled down after the first few hundred KMs and then I found it settled down even more. I never really thought I had drone, just a resonance, and barkier when cold. Last month I drove the Coquihalla from Hope to Merritt, then the connector from Merritt to Peachland, with the cruise set between 110-130, anywhere from 1500-2000 RPMs and it was thoroughly enjoyable, with a nice rumble in the background that was not harsh over time. Up the hills it sounded deeper than on the flat, and down hills I couldn't hear it over the road noise.

Blk Brand Sport, glad that you're happy. I did mine myself, didn't have too many problems, and would do it again as long as I had some padding to lay on as opposed to concrete, as I moved like an old man for a could days after.

I can't say enough about the sound, as they are probably some of my favourite LS sound. I tend to not like the sound of the LS compared to the Chevy 350 and Ford V8s as they sound raspier and higher pitched, but the Hookers give my car a "deep muscle car tone" just like their marketing says, without being too loud or harsh.
I only have about 1000kms on the exhaust at this point in time. I still get a bit of a drone not terrible, I feel it has a lot to do with the automatic trans and long tube headers.
I do love the sound not real loud while cruising at 120kms. Lot of comments from people that say it sounds great, most cant believe I only paid $1,365.00cda and I installed myself

Reactions: LE BARON
I only have about 1000kms on the exhaust at this point in time. I still get a bit of a drone not terrible, I feel it has a lot to do with the automatic trans and long tube headers.
I do love the sound not real loud while cruising at 120kms. Lot of comments from people that say it sounds great, most cant believe I only paid $1,365.00cda and I installed myself
I'd say over the next 1000 KMs or so, you'll notice the tone mellow further, and perhaps that drone reduce. The automatic trans will definitely make a difference, and the headers may make it a little louder overall, so hard to compare to my setup.

Reactions: LE BARON
I have these mufflers on my car. They are excellent. No drone. Deep sound you will love. And a gurgle when letting off the gas at higher rpm. 4 inch engraved tips look great I left the hooker bracket on looks excellent. Purchased one year ago from motor wise 1100 cash. Delivered to my house from Mississauga Ontario. Buy these install you will be happy. When I back in to my parking spot at car show always asked what mufflers do you have as car sound great. When off the gas low rpm car has a mellow low tone but when you push a bit the the car comes to life. Anyways just my two cents.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.