not2melo

High RPM Poster
Feb 8, 2009
Greg in Toronto/Gtown
VetteCoins
Car
1999 C5 Z51
Finally got a chance to remove my old dirty hoodliner and spray on a quick coat of high temp paint to fix it up a bit,
then got to work with the install of my aluminum backed C5 flag logo.
I just finished mounting it up and will throw on another coat of paint tomorrow and then put it back on the car.
Here are a few photos will post up more when I ge it installed on the car tomorrow night.

dsc00060cr.jpg

dsc00061o.jpg

It took me around 3+ hours of work.
I have to cut the liner just under the size of the C5 logo and then stick it down with high temp rtv.
Then I glues from the back also through the opening and added the pieces of the section that was originally removed.
Used another coat of high temp header paint on the liner, most time is waiting for everything to dry.

It took me around 3+ hours of work.
I have to cut the liner just under the size of the C5 logo and then stick it down with high temp rtv.
Then I glues from the back also through the opening and added the pieces of the section that was originally removed.
Used another coat of high temp header paint on the liner, most time is waiting for everything to dry.

Looks great, good job. Feel like doing another...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It was an experience on what to do and not as I dont know anyone that has mounted a aluminum backed plate in the hoodliner.
I think next time would just buy one pre-done though many vendors out there or if it was a newer car I would get Corrado to do
his magic on it instead, well next time.

It was an experience on what to do and not as I dont know anyone that has mounted a aluminum backed plate in the hoodliner.
I think next time would just buy one pre-done though many vendors out there or if it was a newer car I would get Corrado to do
his magic on it instead, well next time.

I have seen some work done by Corrado, he does amazing work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread