Jun 28, 2019
Brighton, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray
Province
ON
My new 2019 Stingray does not have the Homelink garage opener controls on the driver visor. Never even crossed my mind when shopping for the car, just assumed it would be there on all GM vehicles. Heck even my wife's Equinox has it on her LT model. But my assumption was wrong.
So I have some dumb questions. Is it possible to just purchase a new visor with the control and install it?
Are the necessary wires already in place or is it more complicated than that?
I gather from other posts that it was doable on earlier models but don't know if it will apply to 2019's.
Or is there something in the Infotainment system or some sort of app that can be installed that will provide this functionality.

Reactions: frankmp
Thanks for the information guys. Will see if I can track one down at a reasonable price.
Just call this Dealership or your local one to get the exact part number to match your year model and trim.
Then this GM OEM website can ship it to you ... why not get direct as it's something you want "off-assembly" like - I would think ...
Maybe your dealership will price match closely ... here's the website link example ... (Red Deer Dealership - will ship)
... not to mention website pricing being very reasonable

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: ddgermann
Just call this Dealership or your local one to get the exact part number to match your year model and trim.
Then this GM OEM website can ship it to you ... why not get direct as it's something you want "off-assembly" like - I would think ...
Maybe your dealership will price match closely ... here's the website link example ... (Red Deer Dealership - will ship)
... not to mention website pricing being very reasonable

Thx for link Spence but im confused with their descriptions and prices. I see :

Says with homelink but others with homelink almost double. And im confused with term left and right and all images look like driver side. I see seude vs not makes a big difference too...

:Confused5:

Thx for link Spence but im confused with their descriptions and prices. I see :

Says with homelink but others with homelink almost double. And im confused with term left and right and all images look like driver side. I see seude vs not makes a big difference too...

:Confused5:
You bet and reason why a stop at your dealership (like Cory at Northgate) will get you the part number to match your VIN. I find some things are not easy to decipher when I got a stingray console lid that needed to match my 3lt interior. Then I double checked it with another dealer parts person just to make sure.