Thanks for the welcome guys!
HLN A55 - naw.... generally flat unless you go north and then you get to experience the frost heaves... not good. Best areas are around the central interior, Vernon, Ashcroft to Merrit, etc.

Riley: Just sold my Lingenfelter Grandsport so now I just have an '06 Z06. Was going to send this one to Lingenfelter as well but they upped the price on the 660 package by 3 grand. .... I think I find another installer...

Hello!,

It was warm today but the weather guy is calling for snow on Thursday :swear:

I am so tired of the snow and cold. :mad:

Thanks for the welcome guys!
HLN A55 - naw.... generally flat unless you go north and then you get to experience the frost heaves... not good. Best areas are around the central interior, Vernon, Ashcroft to Merrit, etc.

Riley: Just sold my Lingenfelter Grandsport so now I just have an '06 Z06. Was going to send this one to Lingenfelter as well but they upped the price on the 660 package by 3 grand. .... I think I find another installer...

I am very jealous of the car you just sold, AND the one you have right now!

Hello!,

It was warm today but the weather guy is calling for snow on Thursday :swear:

I am so tired of the snow and cold. :mad:

I hear that! I am counting the days and checking the weather every day to see when this winter will end!

hahahaha.... soory guys..wasn't trying to sound snobbish or anything like it. I loved that Grandsport and used to haul it to Las Vegas for the open road racing.... but having both cars for almost 3years.....I had to choose. The Z06 is of course a more sophisticated ride and my friend wanted the Grandsport, so..... its gone. Now... just one and less expensive than two. Now, if I can afford to get to Las Vegas again....... wahoo!

Terry:D

hahaha I was just buggin' ya...

Every hear about this old story?

A guy making 200 grand a year complains about paying so much tax and someone else looks at him and says... man I'd love to pay that much tax

It's all in perspective I guess.. "just" a Z06??? :D

Like I said.. I never took it as anything else other than a joke so no worries... Corvette people aren't like that at all!!!

Riley: I would haul it on a car trailer.. there and back. Too many miles. The last race I had to have it delivered from Lingenfelters direct to Las Vegas in order to make the race. There was both a serious headwind and a serious vibration that I believe took out the ZF6 at 184 mph. I was trying for as close as I could get to 200. I have a friend in San Jose who has the same car and we have a little competition using Garmin GPS units to see who gets the top speed. Every time I would get 180 (stock), he would show up with 181. When I managed 181 he shows me 182. That's when I shipped it off to Lingenfelters. Never made it past 184 as the screaming noise was a little too hard to ignore. I've seen cars that lock up the rears and do some real neat but destructive acrobatics in the desert. That little episode was worth 6 grand. The input shaft had some bluing, the mainshaft gears had all the teeth but needle bearings were welded to the shaft. Countershaft was still in good shape. Oil was full. I still don't know but I think by friend has contracted Bishop racing to find the problem. ( Still has a bit of vibration yet )

Ah... if anyone wants to try it..... see Homepage Main Menu: Flat Out On A Public Highway! (home.htm) :D

Some disjointed replies for you.

I know it doesn't matter now and I am just talking out my butt here, but was/is it an internal vibration in the ZF, or could the driveshaft have been/be unbalanced? Could it be caused by the driveline support beam? I'm just shooting in the dark and I am sure you've already troubleshot the crap out of it.

That is good to hear that your rears did not lock up at speed as you already noted a trans failure is a bit different then a motor failure in that sometimes there is no neutral to shift into and pushing in the clutch doesn't help. That would be scary. Did you notice the vibration before the car went to Lingenfelter?

That competition looks awesome!

Hi Riley
Prior to the car being shipped to Lingenfelter, the tires and wheels were balanced on a new Hunter balancer. There was NO vibration during the 2005 season. The car was shipped direct to Las Vegas as timing was short. The short period before the race was spent trying to get the temperature in line. I found that it had an air lock so this took up the time. Started the race early on Sunday morning and as the speed increased, I thought maybe this mis balance would smooth out. It did not. I was contemplating pulling off but didn't. The last 5 miles of the race is where we test ourselves and it was just at the beginning of this run where I heard two sharp screaming noises. That did it. So I nursed the car through the finish line. My buddy Brooks only made 174 mph that day. The dealership as well as a local mechanical shop have both had a go at the car but can not find the vibration. ( It is still there and this is with a NEW ZF. I believe it is an unbalanced clutch and flywheel assy. Lingenfelter replaced both and the invoice shows 'balanced'. The car is now going to Bishop racing for their kick at the cat albeit with the new owner.

Hopefully they can resolve this.

The Nevada Open and the Silver State challenges are a real rush, but too short. 90 miles only makes you want to turn it around and race back. It is three day event what with all the safety orientations and vehicle inspections etc. A really good bunch of people and a wide range of vehicles. You should try it sometime. My intent is to go this year but not sure whether May or September. Its a blast!:D

Ahh, I was thinking about the clutch, but never heard of them being out of balance so I dismissed it. It's totally not related, but on a different car I own, I replaced the clutch and although the unit itself is balanced, it had to be within .005" concentricity of the crankshaft. If it's not, it can cause hard shifting and/or wear of various bearings. As well, the face of the bell housing needs to be parellel to the block and could be off if running an aftermarket scattershield or if the mating surfaces were not clean. Once again I am talking out my butt, there are a million things I have never heard of, but I always like to guess and try and figure out what the problem could be. I liked your remark about wanting to turn around and race back.:driving: I'm surprised we don't have a race like this a little closer to home. Maybe in the mountains...um....maybe not. But I am sure there has to be some willing RCMP, and a good stretch of highway somewhere where an event like this could be set up.

Hi from other side of bc > The warm side Osoyoos. No snow here and nice weather. Buds on trees and some leaves out. I will be on net shortly with some specials you'll never see in Canada!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.