Mar 16, 2020
Maple Ridge
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 Elkhart Blue
Province
BC
Got my high wing installed at the dealer today. OEM dealer ordered wing + installation cost came to 1450 CAD and change. The high wing looks great I feel. It does give the car a more meaner, sportier look.

Attachments

• 97E2EBBE-F1FE-43A1-BD9A-855EAFA45F19.jpeg
    97E2EBBE-F1FE-43A1-BD9A-855EAFA45F19.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 132
  • 6328A8D9-CB8C-4CDC-B86D-FAC1F13DEC33.jpeg
    6328A8D9-CB8C-4CDC-B86D-FAC1F13DEC33.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 134
  • 558DB7F4-B9E9-4C98-BA9D-7D2C935B4ADB.jpeg
    558DB7F4-B9E9-4C98-BA9D-7D2C935B4ADB.jpeg
    931.5 KB · Views: 131
How much time did they book for the install, I purchased mine from Kipp Scott Chev in Alberta for 1000 shipped taxes in and it took me 2.5 hrs to install. 450 for a few hours Labour is excessive but then again you are dealing with a stealership. lol

How much time did they book for the install, I purchased mine from Kipp Scott Chev in Alberta for 1000 shipped taxes in and it took me 2.5 hrs to install. 450 for a few hours Labour is excessive but then again you are dealing with a stealership. lol
They had to take the bumper off. I think it was charged at 4 hours of labour, but managed to get some loyalty card based discounts. A video I’ve seen circulating on YouTube (Rick conti, I think) details the install process. Looks sufficiently complicated to justify the 4 hours.

But if the part had come with the car, I’d have gotten it installed for free. But all said and done, it looks great. Glad I did it.

I wasn’t brave enough to tackle the project on my own. Kudos to you!

Yes I can understand they would take maybe 3 to 4 hrs the first time they did it. I ordered the high wing as an option and I believe it was 695 installed which was a great deal. However IMO GM should have supplied the High Wing when it became available and installed it for all those who ordered it originally for the quoted price of 695. That would just have been good business practice.

I've had 2 high wing spoilers installed on my z51 equipped car.

They mistakenly installed a carbon Flash colored high wing instead of the torch Red I custom ordered in.

They weren't too happy having to take the car back in to swap the wings while I waited to take delivery. They did it in about 90 minutes.... So it can be done....

I've had 2 high wing spoilers installed on my z51 equipped car.

They mistakenly installed a carbon Flash colored high wing instead of the torch Red I custom ordered in.

They weren't too happy having to take the car back in to swap the wings while I waited to take delivery. They did it in about 90 minutes.... So it can be done....
Interesting. 2 high wings.... Down draft must have been great.... :Biggrin:

A buddy and -(neither car mechanics by any stretch) removed Z51 and installed high wing on my ELB Z51 HTC-pretty simple just following uTube etc-few awkward to reach bolts but really pretty simple-sure we fiddled around for most of a day but now looks good-note have low wing z51 for sale

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.