Will be dynoing my C7 ZR1 in a couple months. I want to do some runs using 94 octane PC fuel (what I always use in this car) but I want to make some runs splashing a little 98-100 octane fuel in there to see if it makes a difference.

Where in the GTA can I get some sauce? Prefer west end Toronto/Mississauga border. Also wondering if adding some boostane will be suffice for some quick dyno runs with the 94 fuel instead of adding some high octane fuel.

Tony

Will be dynoing my C7 ZR1 in a couple months. I want to do some runs using 94 octane PC fuel (what I always use in this car) but I want to make some runs splashing a little 98-100 octane fuel in there to see if it makes a difference.

Where in the GTA can I get some sauce? Prefer west end Toronto/Mississauga border. Also wondering if adding some boostane will be suffice for some quick dyno runs with the 94 fuel instead of adding some high octane fuel.

Tony
The dragway at cayuga has/had a pump. I can't remember 100%, but I think they sell/sold 110 and 116 oct. No idea when they open, or if they have already.
You can check (smaller) airports too.
If that's not in the cards, Amazon.

Can't seem to find actual race fuel on the A.ca they sell branded merch, gas containers etc etc.

Looks like VP MS109 is what I'm looking for, 109 octane mixed with some fresh 94 in my car should bring the mixture to about 100 octane (that'll work for me). Maybe run the tank down a bit driving and initial dyno then pour in the MS109 5 gallon for the glory runs.

I don't do face anything, but found this, not too far away.

Screenshot_20220403-124444_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ok, I found a place actually pretty local to me (about a 10 min) drive they sell VP fuels. I asked about 5 gallons of MS109 they don't stock it but can get it next day when I place the order.

How much?????? Holy s*** 5 gallons MS109 unleaded is $210.00.................Yikes!!!!!!!

I found an unused bottle of Lucas octane boost:

The problem is the bottle is from Dec. 2016. I know this because I bought it in Florida when I trailered my GT500 down to Daytona for a weekend of running the Rolex course. I used 1 bottle in the Shelby and never used the one I found.

Do u think it's still good or get a new bottle and not chance using an almost 7 year bottle of octane booster?

I found an unused bottle of Lucas octane boost:

The problem is the bottle is from Dec. 2016. I know this because I bought it in Florida when I trailered my GT500 down to Daytona for a weekend of running the Rolex course. I used 1 bottle in the Shelby and never used the one I found.

Do u think it's still good or get a new bottle and not chance using an almost 7 year bottle of octane booster?
Lucas promotes a minimum 5 year shelf life... I wouldn't hesitate to use it unless it came out like Jello...

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I emailed Lucas about their Octane Booster re: shelf life. They told me 3 years unopened bottle or 1 year if opened so it looks like I won't be using the one I found in the ZR

I bought a new bottle and will dump that in when I'm on the rollers, might toss the contents of the 7 year old bottle into my DD and if it screws up that car it's a good excuse to junk it and get myself in a GR Corolla to drive everyday. :D

Engine is stock and I will say that you are incorrect. Substantial testing by a certain automotive writer that has his own ZR1 and lives in California notes that stock untuned C7 ZR1 PCM system will pull timing even on high octane 93 fuel and will be even worse if running the car hard in hot conditions and a lot worse if your CAC system is not properly bled. When mixing 91 octane fuel (the highest octane they have in California) with 100 octane fuel gives an approximate mixture of 96 octane and that is the sweet spot where the untuned PCM can take advantage of the higher octane and keep the timing cranked.

We'll find out next month. I plan to run the car first on fresh 94 PC fuel then dump the new bottle of octane booster in, run it thru the system and we'll see if there is a difference. My dual CAC system is bled so I know my car won't pull timing because of a premature heat soaked SC system. If the MS109 isn't stupid expensive as mentioned above I would get some. GM also mentioned in the OM that if tracking a ZR1 they want you to run 100 octane fuel so up to that octane level the PCM can take advantage of the better fuel you put in.

Plenty of people on that other forum with C7 ZR1's mix in MS109 with their local "high" octane fuel (91 or 93) and according to most of them their cars loves that mixture stock and even if their engines are modded and PCM tuned. I don't think you need to get up to the 112 or 116 octane unless you build a really kickass setup and can actually take advantage of that fuel but most cases people with builds like that will probably go E anyways. BTW Spring Mountain C7 ZR1 cars run 100 octane fuel full time (I asked about that when I was there doing my course Feb. 2020, got it done just before the Covid crap shut down everything).

I'll save the MS109 fuel for when I get ready to run the car at CTMP big track and even then I wouldn't run straight 109 I'll still mix it with the 94................almost $12/litre for MS109 is a tad steep!!!!!!

I emailed Lucas about their Octane Booster re: shelf life. They told me 3 years unopened bottle or 1 year if opened so it looks like I won't be using the one I found in the ZR

I bought a new bottle and will dump that in when I'm on the rollers, might toss the contents of the 7 year old bottle into my DD and if it screws up that car it's a good excuse to junk it and get myself in a GR Corolla to drive everyday. :D
Interesting. Their web site said 5 years.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06

Tony
Did you get to the dyno yet ? Just wondering what numbers the car made .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.