Originally Robin Masters was played by Orson Welles. But he died before they could reveal him as Robin Masters. The voice was done by Welles until he past away.

Hey Max. My wife and I are in mid season 2 as we go through the entire Magnum P.I. series... 2 or 3 episodes per week. Did you notice that they went quite a few episodes before they introduced the excellent Mike Post/Pete Carpenter theme music that we all know and love? The earlier music was somewhat similar but more of a "jazz" style.

My Dad similar too Magnum, retired from the Navy in 1976. My father was starting to be successful in business by 1979 and 1980. My father was a Datsun guy in those days. Z cars. So the same time frame Magnum came out my Father treated himself too a new Datsun 280Zx turbo. Rick during the first season drove the same Datsun on the show. So I became a fan cause of that. Not the Ferrari like the other kids. My dads father also career Navy, so my dads family many migrated too Victoria as the "hometown". Back in the early 1980's more British ex pats there. My great grand mother lived with us. She liked Higgins cause she thought he'd fit in well in Victoria. As a lot talk about their war hero days, etc........ So Id watch the show with her. She only watched the Higgins scenes. My mother was a Hart to Hart fan, so I knew about high end cars before Magnum. But it was Magnum that got me into cars.............

Posted same time..... Yep they had a different theme in the early episodes. My younger brother was too young for Magnum when it came out. But we are into Season Eight of my DVDs and we also watch on Starz pay channel...... I somehow still have Direct TV....... OK Direct thinks its at our US cottage, pay for it.... So all my television is void of Canadian content........ I have it for old shows like Magnum, Miami Vice, etc.

It was and still is a classic! :thumbs:

ag_higgins_conducting.gif

For me its the best classic show. I'm DVR saving CHiPs, TJ Hooker and The A-Team for my almost 10 year old nephew. I'm also watching Hart to Hart week nights. I miss the 1980's, possibly the best decade...........

My favourite from that '70s/'80s era is Rockford Files.
I noted Rick changing from the 280Zx to the SL Mercedes.
I was quite surprised when I learned that "Higgins" was actually a Texan and worked to perfect a snobby British accent.

Reactions: ddgermann
I like Rockford as well..... Both Rick and Magnum appeared on it before Magnum Pi...... Larry Manetti who played rick has a interesting pod cast with his wife. They sometimes have episodes devoted to Magnum PI.

Its still my favorite show....... I have the DVDs. My brother and I, about to start season 8 and the last one. I DVR a few 1970's and 1980's shows for my nephew now as well..... Adam 12, Emergency! and CHiPs too TJ Hooker. I've also started watching Hart to Hart

Oh my family calls the Kroeger house the Rock Star house......... My uncle grew up with Paul Hyde of the Payolas fame....... So via him we've met some 1980's rock icons from back then in the 1980's........ My Dad considers Victoria as his hometown. For us house wise its tough too beat this Check out this listing on REALTOR.ca deal wise!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.