Jul 14, 2011
Comox, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2021 Stingray HTC
Province
BC
Hi all - can anyone advise if it is a major issue reaching into the trunk with a hi wing spoiler option added to the car? I am trying to decide over the Z06 style low spoiler or the Stingray hi wing. I like the hi wing look better but also still require reasonable access to the trunk.

If this question is posted elsewhere please let me know - I could not find where this was asked.

If either were mounted on the trunk lid it wouldn't be a problem. If you are 6'7" it wouldn't be a problem either. Unfortunately at that height, you wouldn't be able to fold yourself into the driver's seat...
Thanks Jack Raccoon! - as you know, they are not mounted on the trunk lid. But hopefully someone will have one on their car and be able to advise. But good point on my height as I am 5’10” so this is also a consideration.

Thanks Jack Raccoon! - as you know, they are not mounted on the trunk lid. But hopefully someone will have one on their car and be able to advise. But good point on my height as I am 5’10” so this is also a consideration.
One of the first things I thought of the first time I saw a Z06 C7 spoiler. Only my thought was how would I get things in to and out of the trunk without dinging the spoiler.

The high wing is a bit of a pain in the ass to access both the lid and the bin. You have to stick your hand under the wing to lift the lid. It's not a deal breaker for me, but I could see it getting annoying if you're golfing three times a week...

There isn't much space between the lid edge and the wing as it's lifting.

Yes, it would work, but I don't like the idea of lifting stuff up the side of the fender. More likely I'll just lift it over the wing and let it drop into the bin. :-D

Totally understand the styling preference, I like it, it makes it look like a Hot Wheels. Maybe I have the brain of a six year old. It's like people that remove the wing completely. I like that look too, just not something I would do.

Maybe I can snap some pictures this weekend to give everyone a better view of how it looks. I've been meaning to post an update with the new high wing and wheels.

Reactions: MKC8
Yes, it would work, but I don't like the idea of lifting stuff up the side of the fender. More likely I'll just lift it over the wing and let it drop into the bin. :-D

Totally understand the styling preference, I like it, it makes it look like a Hot Wheels. Maybe I have the brain of a six year old. It's like people that remove the wing completely. I like that look too, just not something I would do.

Maybe I can snap some pictures this weekend to give everyone a better view of how it looks. I've been meaning to post an update with the new high wing and wheels.
I hear ya.
2 words, "platform shoes", like Gene Simmons on stage.:Biggrin:
On some cars they do look not too bad, but I went with the included Z51 version.

I would love to see a few photos if it isn’t too much trouble.

Here are some images.
20240406_102924_Small.jpg
20240406_102900_Small.jpg
20240406_102950_Small.jpg

You can see that you can't really lift the rear hatch from above the wing, you need to lift from underneath. You can also see you have about an inch of gap between the hatch lid and the wing. It's about a six inch lift above the back and the way it's angled, it is awkward putting things in, but I still load my groceries, etc. in there fine.

You can see that you can't really lift the rear hatch from above the wing, you need to lift from underneath. You can also see you have about an inch of gap between the hatch lid and the wing. It's about a six inch lift above the back and the way it's angled, it is awkward putting things in, but I still load my groceries, etc. in there fine.
Thanks so much for posting the photos - that really helps me. I will be ordering this spoiler.

Users who are viewing this thread