R

RockyPM

Glad there's a Canadian site!!
I bought my Vette in 2011, a 2005 DSOM Z51 convertible. Car has an interesting history as it was purchased by an American army sargeant and shipped to Germany. It spent 2 years cruising the Autobahn and then returned to the States where he sold it to a fellow out of Calgary and it was brought here but spent time at summer cottage n the states. Upgraded the HU, HID lighting and Switchback DRL's. Putting on chrome Gumbys in the next couple of weeks

I'm located in Rocky Mountain House and I'm now a vettnut. Fiance says possessed but as long as she's Baby #1 and the car is #2 she's cool with it. Looking forward to meeting some fellow nuts this year at different events!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rocky, Nice looking ride.

We are looking at having a Meet and Great in Ponoka on May 5th at the A&W for a coffee.

Would be great to see you there.

Welcome RockyPM -- Love the car -- and haven't seen many Atomic Orange 'vettes since I'm fairly new to the 'vette scene myself. Post more pics if you can please.

Can I offer some help with resizing your pics to approx. 100k bytes?
I believe Photobucket resizes automatically now tho I'm not sure to what size -- I have an image resizer that I like to use and can give you a link to it if you wish.

You've found a great forum with friendly, knowledgeable members who love pics, chatting 'vettes and meeting up.
Glad to have you aboard.

If I can help in any way please LMK.

Colin.

Welcome to the club!

Glad you're here. The more people in Alberta, the more chance we can have to get together, or do some sort of cruise--which would be really fun. I too own a 2005 car--they're great, huh?

RMH is a great location for the 'Vette. Your stomping grounds in the foothills is a terrific place. I'm sure Nordegg, Jasper, Banff, The Columbia Ice Fields, and more (Lake Louise, Field, Golden, etc) will all see their fare share of that atomic orange 'Vette.

By the way, great color!

As I said, welcome to the club. Sounds like we might be of a similar age. Hopefully I can make it out May 5th!

Thanks CCO, I chose the wrong link from Photobucket but wouldn't mind trying your image resizer. I thought the post would automatically resize the pic. NOT!

xlr8r, yeah I love the 05. I wanted more of a burnt/copper than orange and that's why I went with the Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic. Only 601 built in 2005 and 647 in 2006 before GM dropped the color. Most people mistake it for Atomic Orange until it's parked beside an AO car then the difference is seen. Theres an 08 AO Z06 here in Rocky.

Rocky is great, we get lots of cruise clubs coming through to sample Highway 11 west to Saskatchewan Crossing then north to Japsoer or south to Lake Louise. Miatas, Lamborghini's, Corvettes among others. Theres nothing like having a bad day at work coming home jumping behind the wheel and heading west for a bite at Nordegg or Saskatchewan Crossing. We have several vettes in Rocky and I'm passing this Meet and Greet information onto them to see how many we can have come out.

Here's hoping for great weather!

Thanks CCO, I chose the wrong link from Photobucket but wouldn't mind trying your image resizer. I thought the post would automatically resize the pic. NOT!

xlr8r, yeah I love the 05. I wanted more of a burnt/copper than orange and that's why I went with the Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic. Only 601 built in 2005 and 647 in 2006 before GM dropped the color. Most people mistake it for Atomic Orange until it's parked beside an AO car then the difference is seen. Theres an 08 AO Z06 here in Rocky.

Rocky is great, we get lots of cruise clubs coming through to sample Highway 11 west to Saskatchewan Crossing then north to Japsoer or south to Lake Louise. Miatas, Lamborghini's, Corvettes among others. Theres nothing like having a bad day at work coming home jumping behind the wheel and heading west for a bite at Nordegg or Saskatchewan Crossing. We have several vettes in Rocky and I'm passing this Meet and Greet information onto them to see how many we can have come out.

Here's hoping for great weather!

-- No worries, RockyPM -- we're glad to help out. If the links don't work out at photobucket, (they should according to their latest version), then here's a link to the image resizer I use. It's a decent resizer and very handy for me (and the price is right.:D) -- handy to have anyway.

We're looking at automatic resizing here eventually.

Mihov Image Resizer free program: resize, convert, and rotate digital photos - JPG, GIF, BMP

Would love to see more pics -- that colour is rare and unusual as you say and very attractive.

Pardon my mis-identification of your colour.....it's even more rare than I realized. -- Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic ...... very cool. Congrats and welcome once again.

Colin.

EDIT:
I found an internet pic showing the difference between DSOM and AOM that I found interesting. Hope you don't mind me posting for all of us to see:

Last edited:
Great pic Colin! I was wondering what the color difference was. My wife's Mustang is Grabber Orange and people are always mistaking it for Yellow, however, it looks yellow until it is parked beside an actual yellow car, then it looks orange. Anyway, my rambling point is it's nice to see the colors side by side so you get an idea of how they compare to each other.

Great pic Colin! I was wondering what the color difference was. My wife's Mustang is Grabber Orange and people are always mistaking it for Yellow, however, it looks yellow until it is parked beside an actual yellow car, then it looks orange. Anyway, my rambling point is it's nice to see the colors side by side so you get an idea of how they compare to each other.

LOL Riley, I remember that colour (nice and rich) coming out in late '60's on the Boss 302 I believe. _-- I know I'm dating myself but hey wth.

Some colours are very striking and unusual -- Rockypm's Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic and the similar Atomic Orange Metallic are 2 examples (to me).

C.

We have our summer place out in Rocky just off the 22, unfortunately the gravel road getting there is not so "Vette friendly" :( There are a ton of nice cars that run through town in the summer. A few years ago the Alberta Exotic car club met near the Burger Baron (on the acess road) There were about 20+ nice cars parked there......It distracted a Vac truck driver enough to to rear end a pickup on the 11!

We'll probably see you around town this summer!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread