PITA

Casual User
Jan 31, 2017
Georgetown Ontario
VetteCoins
Not yet a Corvette owner but looking to order a new C7 this year, as a early milestone gift (turning 50 next yr.) to myself.

Short story - always been a gear-head, own a few cars and motorcycles and such - loved the C7 ever since it came out. Got a 4 post lift last year to free up one more space - highly recommended if only to look under your cars...which my wife thinks is really weird...

Anyways I'm thinking of a Grand Sport 1LT, in WG grey with red seats, red calipers. Silver white and black are my next choices...hard to decide. This would be more of a summer daily, track only on occasion car so I haven't written off a Z51 car - 29hy mpg is nice - it's hard to believe the GS is 25hy mpg (does the wider body/wider wheels really affect it that much?).

Anyway, thanks in advance for the many questions I'll be asking. Thanks.

Welcome to the site!

Good luck on ordering your C7, will be a lot easier this year verses the first 2 years. Hunt around and you should be able to find a dealer willing to discount off MSRP, if you don't ask here on the site and some one will point you to a dealer that can/will.

I think the drop in MPG on the GS is due to the down force being applied, which also gives it much more grip in those hi speed turns. Also if your thinking of occasionally tracking your car, take advantage of the Spring Mountain Racing School discount, it's a blast and worth every penny.

Welcome Pita... You have joined up with a forum full of people genuinely interested and helpful whenever we can... Congrats on your choice of a C7... Trust us. You will not be disappointed... Actually, you will not be able to keep the smile off your face... Keep us informed and ask away any questions at all. :thumbs:

Eric

Welcome to the site!
Good luck on ordering your C7, will be a lot easier this year verses the first 2 years. Hunt around and you should be able to find a dealer willing to discount off MSRP, if you don't ask here on the site and some one will point you to a dealer that can/will.

Thanks for the tips.

Last I tried in Nov. it seemed noone was willing to negotiate, actually tried Frost Chevy in Brampton and they said the last one they sold had a bidding war. Another dealer said maybe a grand - two max if I'm looking at a "base" Grand Sport order. Frankly I may have done it if I didn't know that some US dealers are selling 2017s at about 9-13% off MSRP. I know, apples and oranges but 9-13% vs. 2%...something's off.

I'll try again in the spring - no rush!

PITA?. Welcome to the Forum...
Searching for the right Corvette for you is part of the journey.

I'm thinking GS Corvettes are the hot ticket now.
Stingrays, Z51's and even Z06s are available everywhere. Discounts abound.
Any deduction on a GS or a Z06 convert would be a bonus.
YMMV
Take care
Graham

PITA?. Welcome to the Forum...
Searching for the right Corvette for you is part of the journey.

I'm thinking GS Corvettes are the hot ticket now.
Stingrays, Z51's and even Z06s are available everywhere. Discounts abound.
Any deduction on a GS or a Z06 convert would be a bonus.
YMMV
Take care
Graham

Graham....I expect I may get ridiculed but I had to google that YMMV acronym ... lol.... Sheesh....

hmmmm.... Obviously I'm not good at this ... I thought this is easy.. Person in the Army.... then realized i had seen this used before on the forum in general conversation.... took me a second or two before the little light went on.... albeit a dim light... hahaha....

So anyway.... Welcome again PITA... Now I feel like I have met you before... many times.... including in the mirror.... lol... :thumbs:

Reactions: nascar03
Welcome. I would try purchasing now rather then spring to negotiate. Spring tends to be busier with sports car enthusiasts as they are getting ready for the driving season. You may also try the GM website. Sometimes they offer coupons. I got one for $1500 when I bought my 2015 z51. Also if you order now, you may have it in time for the season to enjoy. Just my 2.5 cents.

Well, it's official, ordered a white Grand Sport this past Saturday (w/red seats & calipers), should be here in 6-8 weeks. Got a call today from the Corvette Museum (southern drawl and everything) asking how I'd like my name to appear on the personalized plaque...nice!

Now we wait...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.