Dec 22, 2012
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
1981 c3
Hi everybody! Ive been a fan of the C3 'vette since I can remember and finally brought one home today! It doesn't have an engine or transmission but I see that as a bonus! I've been around the site as a guest for a while and figure since I'm an owner, I should join. I look forward to sharing ideas and gaining some knowledge from the group. See ya around!
-OB

:canada:

Hi Oilburner, welcome! Great to have you here. I too love the C3 and hope to one day own one. Yes please tell us your plans.........will it be on the road next year? We all love pics of a work in progress!

Welcome OilBurner ...... No worries about not having an engine and tranny this time of year but we'd love to hear of your plans -- and of course pics of the new acquisition.

Cheers from the east,

Colin

I'm not sure when I'll have it on the road, most likely summer of 2014. I've got to 'thin out the heard' and start saving to do this project right. We are moving this spring and there are two smaller projects that have been on the back burner that I need to get out of the way. They're way off topic but if you want to know...

The '86 Samurai needs a spring over modification, and an alternator, not much I know, but its in the #2 slot. The first thing I have to do is replace the gaskets between the jugs and the case on my '86 Evolution. Now lets get back to the C3!

It rolled out of the factory red with a 350 and automatic transmission. I'd like to stick with the 350ci block, maybe build up a 383 or something. I'm defiantly going with a manual transmission, so that's the first modification! I really like the look of the side pipes so that's mod #2. I'm a big fan of keeping it simple, so the interior and exterior wont be anything too crazy (for now). As the build goes I'm sure I'll do some mods to the steering and suspension and what ever else needs tweaking.

Now lets get back to the engine! "There's no substitute for cubic displacement" is kind of old school, but I like "there's no substitute for forced air induction!". Turbo charged or super charged, that's my biggest dilemma! I love seeing a big roots blower and a giant scoop sticking out of the hood, but I love the sound of a turbo spooling up!

I'll defiantly take progress pictures but probably not until I get it in a garage.

:canada:

Last edited:
DSCN0442_zps1c90b62b.jpg

Last edited:
Oilburner...welcome to the site.
Great to have another C3'r here.
You have a great looking project car...that'll keep ya busy.
Get them other projects done and get that ride in the garage and get going........!!!!!
We're here if you have any questions.
Graham

Welcome to the forum Oilburner. Great to see another C3 on here. Is that an '80 or '81 you have? Love those 383 motors but I have a hard time justifying the price right now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.