Apr 27, 2010
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
1998 roadster 6spd
Was thinking of installing one of these this year- but a quick Google search revealed a lot of the same problem- a recurring hesitation/stumble when slowing down.

This is after a few days/weeks, so the computer should have done it's re-learning by then, and sometimes not even a tune can solve it.

I don't wanna spend the money and the time installing this, only to have problems where none existed before.

What are your thoughts/opinions/experiences?

Thanks,

I wonder if it the transmission makes a difference? Does it happen on both auto and manual cars? I have a Vararam in my car, it's a manual and have not noticed anything. It runs great.

I can't answer to Vararam but I have put the Vortex Rammer on mine and it works fine...never had any problems with engin responding like that...I just have to watch out not drive fast in heavy rain and big poddles of water....and thats not to bad cause i dont take it out when it rains... lol :D

Was thinking of installing one of these this year- but a quick Google search revealed a lot of the same problem- a recurring hesitation/stumble when slowing down.

This is after a few days/weeks, so the computer should have done it's re-learning by then, and sometimes not even a tune can solve it.

I don't wanna spend the money and the time installing this, only to have problems where none existed before.

What are your thoughts/opinions/experiences?

Thanks,

My friend the net is a great source of info and also a great source of mis-information . I have done hundreds of these and have never had that issue ...ever .

I had one one my 2008 and honestly took it off, issues with engine light and GM dealer warranty. In the end was the spacer behind the throttle body causing all the issues but that is part of the vararam. So now the Vararam sits in a big plastic bag in my shed.

Last edited:
I had one one my 2008 and hinestly took it off, issues with engine light and GM dealer warranty. In the end was the spacer behind the throttle body causing all the issues but that is part of the vararam. So now the Vararam sits in a big plastic bag in my shed.

That is really unfortunate , as the only problem you had was a bad spacer , all esle was fine . Taking off the Vararam due to a bad spacer seems a bit extreme . You could have just removed the spacer, since it is optional anyway .

Ah yes but the Dealer would not even look at the engine light with the CAI on. I had to remove it for them to check. I never knew the spacer came with the Vararam. But was told by the London draler if it was on there was no engine waranty either

Ah yes but the Dealer would not even look at the engine light with the CAI on. I had to remove it for them to check. I never knew the spacer came with the Vararam. But was told by the London draler if it was on there was no engine waranty either

Your dealer is a jerk , plain and simple . I am sorry that you had to go through this .

I just wish we could clone you Manny... there is no one I know of locally or in the West who provides definitive answers such as you do.

I have a chance to pick up a barely used VR B2 but since it is not from a dealer, not sure what kind of support I would get if I ran into trouble. Couldn't return it, and would then be stuck scratching my head.

I did read something about spacer problems, something about the relative location of the MAFsensor with intake. Vararam install requires the MAF to be moved, right? Does the spacer referred to earlier have anything to do with MAF relocation?

Thanx

I'd really love to pull the trigger on this deal.

I just wish we could clone you Manny... there is no one I know of locally or in the West who provides definitive answers such as you do.

I have a chance to pick up a barely used VR B2 but since it is not from a dealer, not sure what kind of support I would get if I ran into trouble. Couldn't return it, and would then be stuck scratching my head.

I did read something about spacer problems, something about the relative location of the MAFsensor with intake. Vararam install requires the MAF to be moved, right? Does the spacer referred to earlier have anything to do with MAF relocation?

Thanx

I'd really love to pull the trigger on this deal.

The VB2 is a great product . The spacers are only on the C6 models , there are no spacers on the C5 - VB2's . The maf re-location closer to the Tb is only if you use the Vararam's air bridge ( Power Duct ) , otherwise the MAF stays in the factory location .

As an authorized dealer for Vararam I can give you all the support you need . Steve @ Vararam and I talk quite often , and I can assure you that if you were to have any problem I would look after you in every aspect from install to the product its self .
I am not making a dime from this , but want you to be able to enjoy the very best in CAI on the market today .
My number is on my sig ,and if need be I can PM you my personal home number as well to help you with any issue at all .

So pull the trigger , as ECP is at your service :canada:

Wow, thanks Manny! That's customer service! And I feel a lot better about things now, too! I'll let you know how I make out.

No problem , and like I said if you need help at all just call me , and I will call you back so it doesn't cost you anything.

Just Buy it !!!
It's the best "bang for your buck mod you can do for a C5."
A bit of a pain in the ass to install if you have XL hands like mine, but once you have it done and take it for your first drive, you won't believe the difference. :canada:

Your dealer is a jerk , plain and simple . I am sorry that you had to go through this .

why would a dealer and gm for that matter be expected to pay when a spacer is definately a power train modification that changes airflow??? You play with mods then expect to pay!

why would a dealer and gm for that matter be expected to pay when a spacer is definately a power train modification that changes airflow??? You play with mods then expect to pay!

I think you missed the point here, it's not about paying for warranty work

It's just a cold air intake, most dealers wouldn't say a thing , but some like his dealer are just out to nail you for every dime they can .

Ya the spacer leaked , remove it and end of problem , no need to say that they will not warranty the car because if a cold air intake . I bet if it had been purchased and installed there , there would have been no issue .

It's just a cold air intake, most dealers wouldn't say a thing , but some like his dealer are just out to nail you for every dime they can .

Ya the spacer leaked , remove it and end of problem , no need to say that they will not warranty the car because if a cold air intake . I bet if it had been purchased and installed there , there would have been no issue .

:agree::agree::agree: I couldn't of siad it better !!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread