APRIL 20 - 2018 release
PLEASE NOTE - CANADIAN GM DEALERSHIP SHOP FOREMANS
(not the service desk personnel)
SHOULD ALL BE ABLE TO COMFIRM FOR YOU THAT ALL DRY-SUMP
CORVETTES UNDER THE CAR-CARE PROGRAM OIL CHANGES
ARE TO RECEIVE ..... MOBIL 1 .....
... this document also covers the 2019 Spec for you ...
... also covered is that dry-sump get the 5th car-care program break-in oil change ...
... non-Z51 Stingray Owners may have to sadly argue hard to get Mobil 1 for car-care program oil changes ...

do not accept that these documents are for USA only - they are for North America
any argument against is motivated by Dealer/GM reimbursement disagreements
and should not be tolerated by Dry-Sump Corvette Purchasers at all
(I was fortunate to receive this document from my Spring Service Shop Foreman)
Grrrrrr .....

View attachment 17082View attachment 17083
I have never returned to the dealership I bought my 2015 Z51 from because the whole process was a nightmare. For a dealership that prides themselves as being " The Corvette Dealer" they are a joke. I took mine in for the break in change and since for all my changes. I have never had an issue with them using Mobil 1 for the start. I had requested it even thought the dipstick calls for Sex is and the mechanic actually told the service advisor that there was a memo to use Mobil 1 so I find it strange that others in the blog are having issues.

As far as I know your car will take either oil but the Mobil 1 is recommended as per the info in your owners manual kit. I really don’t think it would be a big drama putting in the Dexos on this oil change to get past the break in change. At least you could enjoy your car.
It if was me I would have that done “gratis” by the dealer and do a short change to Mobil 1 after a while. That’s the one that would be counted as your free break in oil change. Then you still have the 4 free ones left.
Any decent dealer would do that for you. But it seems this dealer is taking advantage of your situation.
This dealer must not sell many Corvettes. They clearly do not understand the corvette customer.
I pull into my dealer any time unannounced and instantly get my oil changed with Mobil 1 in the lube bay. Done it on 3 corvettes now. Never an issue. Plus they clean the car inside and out for free before I leave.
Hope you get somebody there to treat you properly as well. You bought a $100k car not a cheap ass mini-van.

PS: we are glad to have you here. :thumbs:
Probably want you to think highly of them if you ever want to change your C7 for a C8

As far as I know your car will take either oil but the Mobil 1 is recommended as per the info in your owners manual kit. I really don’t think it would be a big drama putting in the Dexos on this oil change to get past the break in change. At least you could enjoy your car.
It if was me I would have that done “gratis” by the dealer and do a short change to Mobil 1 after a while. That’s the one that would be counted as your free break in oil change. Then you still have the 4 free ones left.
Any decent dealer would do that for you. But it seems this dealer is taking advantage of your situation.
This dealer must not sell many Corvettes. They clearly do not understand the corvette customer.
I pull into my dealer any time unannounced and instantly get my oil changed with Mobil 1 in the lube bay. Done it on 3 corvettes now. Never an issue. Plus they clean the car inside and out for free before I leave.
Hope you get somebody there to treat you properly as well. You bought a $100k car not a cheap ass mini-van.

PS: we are glad to have you here. :thumbs:
Heeey, which (Edmonton) dealership Cleans the interior, too, Please? Get mine done at Northgate GM- 97st and 132ave, and all I get is a Pat on my head. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Probably want you to think highly of them if you ever want to change your C7 for a C8

Yes agreed. I have bought 2 vehicles there in the last 9 months so yes they are trying.
Interestingly I was only using the service department for my H1 and the 2 corvettes I didn’t buy there, prior to the new ones we bought this year.
Frankly I’m not thrilled with the sales side of this dealership after the ZR1 fiasco they put me through this spring. Now the service dept has been frankly terrific until the mag ride upgrade price that was a punch in the balls. But they don’t control what GM charges. So a pass on that one.
Mainly for me it’s important that the dealership has the right service people. Techs and parts people who know corvette and provide what the customers expect.
This dealership definitely has this.
These guys never even rolled their eyes when I asked them to do work on my H1. They never gouged me and were enthusiastic to tear into that beast.
Sales people come and go but it’s the service that I mainly rate a dealership on.
My 11 cents. Lol

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I have never returned to the dealership I bought my 2015 Z51 from because the whole process was a nightmare. For a dealership that prides themselves as being " The Corvette Dealer" they are a joke. I took mine in for the break in change and since for all my changes. I have never had an issue with them using Mobil 1 for the start. I had requested it even thought the dipstick calls for Sex is and the mechanic actually told the service advisor that there was a memo to use Mobil 1 so I find it strange that others in the blog are having issues.
You have the right kind of dipstick LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I have never had an issue with them using Mobil 1 for the start. I had requested it even thought the dipstick calls for Sex is and the mechanic actually told the service advisor that there was a memo to use Mobil 1 so I find it strange that others in the blog are having issues.

Not sure we're talking about our Corvette engines here but if not, my dipstick calls for the same as yours Doug...:Hurray:

• Haha
On the 'other' forum, there have been tons of people that haven't been able to get the new 0W40 formulation at their dealer. While your dealer should've checked they had the right oil when you made your appointment, it's more of a GM problem than a dealer problem the way the oil spec was rolled out for the 2019s. They also should've known enough to put 5W30 in and offer to have you back when the 0W40 arrived.

• Useful
So I am in YYC. What dealers offer a complimentary hand wash and quick wipe/vacuum if you service your Z06 there? Are there any dealers? Previously when I serviced my GT-R at a local dealer (Royal Oak Nissan) they would essentially do a free hand wash/vacuum/interior wipe every time regardless of whether it was an oil change or a warranty related issue. They also offered a complimentary loaner to there GT-R customers. Anything similar at a Chevy store here in the city?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.