good for you
An exhaust system is something that you do your research... then should really hear it before you buy because exhausts sound different on every vehicle. Never rush and make the wrong mistake which I did on my 99 Vette buying the wrong exhaust system without trying it out.(drone was beyond). I am thinking of going to Carlysle PA corvette convention where I can hear different exhausts there and they install them right there... Corsa #14169 seems to be my best fit for my 06 Vette coupe 6 sp auto. I hope this reply may help other Corvette owners like myself be aware before spending some $2000.00 on an exhaust system. Love the Canadian Corvette Forum.

The Pioneer is a great unit to go with. I updated mine. The Metra dash kit is a perfect match finish wise and fit was superb. I did my research on head units and went with the Pioneer. This is the model I chose AVH-4201NEX - 2-DIN Flagship Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" WVGA Touchscreen Display and included ND-BC8 Back-Up Camera

Now for the why I also chose this model and where you get soaked on a head unit. If the unit comes with NAV the company pays a pretty price for proprietary tech and GPS service etc. Now if you go non nav and run apps off Android, Car play or the Applemaps/nav you save a bunch as the manufacturer doesn't have to shell out the funds to Garmin etc.

The above NEX 4201 model is the top of the line flagship with non nav. I saved a bunch of cash going that root. I was tipped off to that before I bought. Send me a PM and I will also direct you to a local place that ships as well for the best price around. They destroyed the competiton and that was when the unit had just come out and availability was low. The price still beats what I see online. I did the install myself. If you want to you can also buy a pre rigged kit with all the wiring done that makes it VERY simple. You literally just pull the console, pull the old unit, plug things in, attach one wire, and put your console back in. Or if you're handy you can buy the plugs etc and wire them up.

Now for the results......VERY noticeable difference! The pioneer puts out far more RMS current/watts per channel compared to the factory the head unit. Which gave me a huge increase in volume/ punch. However IF you are going to play things loud you will notice the failing s in the factory speakers. Their sound is not the best at higher levels. However the improvement was WELL worth the money in every way. One of the best mods I've done on the car. The unit also has preset equalizer modes which help with things. Depending on what you are listening to it makes a lot of difference. The Bluetooth, texting options, carplay and many other functions work great. Also you can custom upload backgrounds. So it can be a corvette logo screen like the new ones, a picture and so on. Plus the lighting and screens can be color tailored to match your car with the click of a button. You can choose your background screen color from an indefinite number of colors and you are able to pick your button/ controls coloration separately from your display if desired.

Needless to say, modern head unit is a great idea. It really picks up the usability factor. The aftermarket deck seems better than anything I've seen in any new production car as well.

I might just do my speakers in future. The instillation of the new deck really showed me the possibilities if I just tweak it a little more...LOL...aghh the sickness.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.