BriSco

I'm not Canadian but close...
Dec 13, 2018
Syracuse, NY
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Corvette Coupe
My name is Brian and I'm from Syracuse, NY. I recently purchased a 2001 Coupe, just in time to drive it 1 day before the snow started falling here, and just in time for a winter storage detailing ... LOL
I am looking forward to pulling it out of my garage and driving it in the spring. I am replacing the front spoiler during the winter because it is scraped up and slightly cracked, other than that the car is in excellent condition for an 18 year old car. It is stock with the exception of a MagnaFlow cat-back exhaust, which the previous owner recently had installed..
IMG_20181117_150805.jpg
42222882_2275788752442479_3271646764557402112_n (240 x 180).jpg
received_2062449960523731.jpeg

Reactions: ddgermann
Welcome to the Canadian Corvette Forums.
Enjoy and feel free to post a DIY thread with your pics of that spoiler swap-out.
Whether a simple no-brain'r task or not, we are all about and do appreciate
legacy from our members should anyone in the future be reading with
a similar task being considered ... or maybe because we are just darn curious.
Cheers :thumbs:

Welcome aboard Brian! As Ruuff asked, is it your first corvette? If so, it really sucks to search, find, buy and drive for only one day then have to put it away! This just gives you several months with a heated garage to play........
Has the Steering Column Lock issue een resolved on your car?

Hey Brian. Welcome to the forum. Sweet car man. And thanks for the pictures and the intro. Is this your first Vette?

Thanks for having me in the forum.Thank you for the compliment. Yes, this is my first Vette. I would like to upgrade to a C7 in the future. I will post pics of the spoiler install, I already removed it so I can't do that part. I am also putting clear marker lights on it. I removed them at the same time since I was taking the spoiler off and it has to be removed to get at the housings anyway. I'm waiting for new sockets due to moisture in lense corroding the socket on the bulb side.

Reactions: YFCvii
Thanks for having me in the forum.Thank you for the compliment. Yes, this is my first Vette. I would like to upgrade to a C7 in the future. I will post pics of the spoiler install, I already removed it so I can't do that part. I am also putting clear marker lights on it. I removed them at the same time since I was taking the spoiler off and it has to be removed to get at the housings anyway. I'm waiting for new sockets due to moisture in lense corroding the socket on the bulb side.
The steering column is fine, I believe... LOL. The previous owner kept up with the car, the interior is mint, no rattles, engine runs and sounds great and shifts solid. I would imagine some parts will need to be replaced in the future with 127k miles on it, but I got a good deal on it so replacing any worn parts in the future is not a problem.

Hi Brian,
Congratulations on your first Corvette and joining us here at CCF. A very clean looking car too. Don't worry about not having photos of the spoiler removal. Many of us simply tear them off in a moment of forgetfulness when parking anyway so it's the install pictures that are far more important. :Biggrin:

Enjoy and welcome aboard.

Welcome to the forum you are from an area that I have spent a great deal of time in. Oswego Speedway was sort of a second home for a long time, love the supermodifieds. Driving in the Finger Lakes area, great Corvette roads.

Maybe we can get together with Ron our Boston friend for a coffee one day, gee Boston is just over east a bit!

Enjoy your Corvette.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.