Great pics. Great to see you digging in there and that a solution has been found.
Now that the tunnel is apart, you could always add the insulating matting to help keep the heat out of the cabin.....and upgrade the stereo....and it's not that hard to change the seats for Recaro units.....oh crap, my mind is going overactive with what mods to do as things are apart. :D

So, the shifter cable arrived Wednesday but the dealership couldn't give me an appointment until 0800 today. All good! However at 0715 I was unable to find the "sweet spot" to manually position the cable (read hand in the tunnel gripping the cable) for an engine start. Called for a CAA flat bed truck but continued to work the issue. Not so good. Found the right spot - engine start! Cx'd tow, called dealership to advise I'd be 15 minutes late arriving. All good again. However it seems that GM policy is that if you arrive late your appointment is canceled and rescheduled. So when I arrived at 0815 I was informed that I'd have to come back and try again on Monday afternoon - really not good! So after eventually elevating the issue to the Service Manager, I left the Vette there for them to work on today between other appointments... and at 1700 I picked her up and brought her home, all done! So ends the story with the picture for proof.

I'm looking forward to a run on Sunday after tomorrow's rain stops. All good!!

VV
20170707_192029.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.