Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
It's with a Heavy Heart
and humble respect that I create this thread
with news of the passing of
Brent Nordstrom - CCF:Brent08
ILOVEIT.jpg
news travels quickly and I am aware that many may already know
I received the following this morning that we all can refer to ...

"A memorial service for Brent will be held at 11am,
Thursday August 2nd, 2018
at Riverbend United Church
14907 - 45 Avenue

Edmonton Alberta".

on-line link(s) for published announcements is available below (message #17)
5 minute Corvette Cruise Caravan Tribute to Service on Aug 2nd '18 (message #20)

This Wonderful Family Man became a very good friend of mine in a very short period of time.
The Canadian Corvette Forums and our Passion of the Corvette was what brought us together.
I first had the pleasure of meeting Brent and his wife, Debbie, on the Lake Louise Cruise in 2017.
It was followed by another Cruise to Drumheller, where I was introduced to their Daughter and her Husband.
Brent and Debbie have a Son who I recently had the pleasure to meet.
I shared a lot of time together with Brent.
Sadly and selfishly, never enough time ...
Gods Blessings
Mine, my Wife’s and my Daughter’s Condolences
DSC_0047a.jpg
DSC_0046a.jpg
DSC_0062a.jpg

Last edited:
Michelle and I met Brent and Debbie at Ziggys birthday dinner last year and enjoyed the conversation with both of them immensely. We like them the moment we spoke to each other. Talked about lots of Corvette stuff and upcoming trips but more importantly life in general.
Brent and I then got to know one and other with a few conversations about their then-upcoming trip to Asia and after they returned. We never got a chance to drive with Brent and Debbie on any cruises which is truly regretful.

Brent = excelent guy
Brent and Debbie = excelent people

Michelle and I send our deepest condolences to Debbie and family.

Brent may you rest in peace. You are and will be missed. :Angelsad2:

Reactions: ccltj
Was lucky enough to meet Brent and Debbie on LL trip last year as we all shared drinks, stories and laughs in the pub at the hotel. Managed to get to know them both a bit at Zig's bday supper. One of the real nice guys. RIP Brent and sincere condolences to Debbie and family.

Last edited:
Very sad day it is. We lost a very kind awesome friend. I met Brent through a Facebook page about 3 yrs ago. We talked through messenger for 2 years. Then finally I met him at a show n shine at Northgate Chevrolet May 2017. From there we hit it off more. I introduced him to CCF where Brent and Debbie came out for his first group cruise ever to Lake Louis. They had so much fun that weekend, that he ask me when the next cruise was and couldn’t wait to go. Lol. He met so many new friends that gave him a new life.
He was taken away too soon. I wish I had met him much earlier cause he was such a great person in all ways for the short time I or all of us knew him.
I’m glad I went to see him about a month ago. I went to his home to take a picture of my car on his driveway like he had ask to do for over a year. When I showed him the picture, he had a big smile. He had ask that I text it to him immediately and couldn’t wait to show Debbie when she came back to his room.
RIP Brent You’ll be missed deeply.
Condolences to Debbie, family and friends.30111A97-FFA8-44A0-A71A-39EB0183CDE5.jpeg

Last edited:
Joanne and I met Brent and Debbie on the LL Cruise last year. Immediately likeable people, smiles on their faces and was great to visit. Too short, too soon. You will be missed Brent.
Our condolences to Debbie and family.

As mentioned above, we discovered a "humour" of Brent's …
it was his taking a photograph of as many Corvettes on his driveway … that were not his. :joyful:
Prior to knowing this, while Freda and I were enjoying Brent's and Debbie's company at Pigeon Lake,
it was here that we first hinted to others about considering 3 models for a "Hers" sports car purchase
and that it included a Corvette. Without a moment of hesitation, Brent insisted that we do it.
Fast forward to after actually following through with a purchase, we returned to our Edmonton Dealership
for its initial Dry Sump Oil Renew (YYSSW - my Mobil 1 fetish) … anyway …
we then stopped by Brent and Debbie's for a "brief but long visit" at which time we learned
of and obliged … Brent taking a photograph of this Corvette on his driveway …
Unknowing to him, he's made it a gift which is our only photo of the two of us
with this Corvette of Brent's, that's not his, on his Driveway …
Thank you Brent
IMG_1579.JPG

Last edited:
Cindy and myself met Brent and Debbie on last years Lake Louise trip. We had a great visit in the lounge with them that evening and I knew we would become good friends from that point on. We had the pleasure of several other cruises with them including Drumheller, Camrose and a couple other small private ones. Also, we had a fantastic time at my birthday party and a barbecue dinner at our house. We had many excellent chats since and I would describe Brent as a very kind, honest and passive soul, with a great passion for Corvette's. Life is so unfair at times and takes such good people way too early that God must have other plans for sadly. May you rest in peace Brent and you will be greatly missed. Deepest condolences to Debbie and family from Ziggy and Cindy.

We met Brent and Debbie on the Lake Louis trip and then spent more time with them in Banff on the return trip. We are blessed to meet them both and Brent will be missed by all that had the pleasure of meeting him. I talked Brent into coming to the Wheels for whishes' show and shine where he had a great time. Glad he made it. Never sure why the good people in our lives are taken from us so soon, but God must have a plan for Brent.
You will be missed.
Condolences to Debbie and family from Dennis & Bonnie

Last edited:
Life often throws a curve ball and no one really knows why. Brenda and I first me Brent and Debbie on the LL cruise last year and then we organized a sized down day run around Ponoka and out to Camrose for lunch later on. Was our opportunity to really have some chat time, and with that the realization of what great people they were. RIP Brent. You are sadly missed here and our condolences to the family.

Daryl and I got to spend time with Brent our very first meet on a Cruise to Drumheller. AB. We were new to cruising - and they made us feel comfortable and welcome all the way around. Ken Turner and Heather Ng helped introduce us and it was well worth the handshake. A true gentleman with a smile that no one will ever forget. So sorry to hear about this and the news is truly heart breaking not only for his Family but all of the Friends.

For those who would like to partake …
a 5 minute Corvette Cruise Caravan in honor of Brent is being planned
Boston Pizza Parking Lot at 378 Bulyea Road NW Edmonton AB
to:
Riverbend United Church at 14907-45 Avenue Edmonton AB

Gathering in the Boston Pizza Parking Lot at 10:00-10:15am and departing at 10:30am
for the 11:00am service this Thursday August 2nd 2018​

F9C9FE4A-568C-4DF5-9831-D45070F849E5.jpeg
ILOVEIT04.jpg

I will carry plenty with me should anybody attending
wish to have on their car
444BEC37-0AE0-4138-A2D3-54D9D4449D58.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.