Sep 21, 2014
York,Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 C5 vert
Lights are on but no one is popping up. Just happened this evening when I decided to head home. I need to have a look at fuses etc but has anyone else had the same issue? This is an 03 vert. only 72,000 kms

Bill

Hmmmmmm. If the gears let go, normally at least one will pop up? Did you have to crank them up manually? I'll sniff around today and see if I can find a cause, however, I'm sure others will chime in.

Thanks guy's.....this looks like some sort of work to rule type deal. I had the headlights coming up and working just fine during daylight hours today. Didn't really do anything but wiggle a few wires but then when I was out tonight, lights are set for twilight but never came on so I turned the headlight switch on and nothing. Lights are on but no one is home.
Came home, cranked one light up by hand and then cranked it back down. Turned the headlight switch on and the light which I hand cranked up and down opened but not the other.
Turned lights off, cranked the other side up and down by hand. Turned on the headlight switch and both lights opened and functioned correctly.
What is this all about??

Bill

The mech seems well greased and when working they function and sound very good. Don't think the motor brushes are it either but who knows. I'll try again tonight and see what happens.
Thanks for the ideas gents!

Bill

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.