Jul 27, 2013
ontario
VetteCoins
Car
Hello,

I feel stupid asking this but have honestly only driven the vette once past sundown, but how do I turn OFF the high beams.

I have searched the net and do not see anything about how to alternate the high beams and low beams on the 1972. Some say there is a switch on the floor....I don't see one. Currently my high beams are stuck in the on position no matter how I turn/pull/adjust the headlight switch.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

You know I still think this was a good place to put that switch. Still makes sense to me. Why do I want to engage the cruise control, turn on the wipers, turn signals and who knows what else just to make the high beams work? Am I a getting old?:Confused5:

Reactions: 72ray
It's called a dimmer switch..
Corvette Dimmer Switch - 1968-1982 Corvette Parts
dimmer switch.jpg

This is shown actual size...depending on the size of your computer, tablet or phone!!!
good luck.
graham

As Taylorsk8's pic shows, the switch is on the foot rest. The foot rest is the raised floor area beside your clutch pedal. The floor is depressed behind the pedals. Easy to feel if you take your shoe off and press down using the ball of your foot. You should here a click when you press it into the floor.

found it....it was the flap the was jammed! you guys are awesome, thanks!!

the pic of the flap saved the day...shoved my fingers back there and there was a stone that must have slipped behind the carpet and somehow wedged itself perfectly

thanks again for all your help guys!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.