Nov 3, 2012
buckhorn ontario
VetteCoins
Car
any thoughts on heads to use with a retro fit roller set up ? i have been looking at the edelbrock performer # 60909, valve springs are 1.460 which should work,correct ? won't be using my l48 will get a fresh goodwrench 350.

The Edelbrock Performer RPM #60895 heads have springs installed for hydraulic roller cams and have a bit more flow than the #60909 Performer heads. I've seen them on Summit Racing's eEbay sight for $599 each. They have the straight plugs too. Match the heads up with a Performer RPM intake (which I have on mine) and you should get some pretty good numbers. The Performer RPM intake will fit under the hood (even though the website says it won't), you just can't use the stock air cleaner.

Last edited:
i think the rpm heads and manifold may be overkill on the engine i'm planning.the cam i'm looking at is ideal in the 1000-5500 range, will work well with my stock converter and 3.08 gear set. will be using 3701 manifold with egr and the stock q-jet. c.r. should be 9-1 with the dished pistons and 64cc 60909 performer heads. i guess my main concern is will those heads be compatible with roller lifters ? thanks. doug.

Chris Straub can certainly put you on the right path. He can match a cam to work with what you have in your engine. Often times, he can go with a milder cam and run quicker quarter mile times simply because the cam works with the combination instead of fighting each other. I bought some Ferrea valves from him last year and his prices seem to be decent too. Welcome to Straub Technologies. . .The Source of Performance.

thanks keith, i have made a note of your info. cam and lifter kit i have been looking at is howards cl110235-12 specs look to be good for my application. don't need tire shredding axle twisting wheel standing terror from the ol' 76 , thats what the race car will be for !!! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.