Born to Be Wild​

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Looking for adventure
In whatever comes our way

At some point this mess we are currently living in and with has to come to an end. There has to be hope in the future that we can get out, meet people again, travel to see new things and places. Without plans we would starve for a future. Blanketed by winter there is not much to do but plan and hope. :snowplough:

So if you could indeed "Get your motor runnin, Head out on the highway", where would you go?

Fortunate that I got to travel with work, been to every province in Canada but one and that would be my destination of choice, Newfoundland. Their tourism ads are so enticing. The ocean has always been a huge attraction for me. I think it is surrounded!

Closer to home I would like to visit more of Northern Ontario and travel the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Have for years been fascinated by the Great Lakes Freighters and that is a great place to see them.

I love paper maps, I have been looking!

So what is your destination, what excites you about it. We want to know!
We will be heading south next week (road trip) as I'm booked for Spring Mountain at the end of February. The date we leave for the USA is exactly two years after the last trip we had outside of Canada. We are really looking forward to getting out on the road again.

3 winters ago I did a solo 10 day trip from Toronto to Palm Springs. Each day was a back road tour of many of the finest driving roads down the east coast and then across to Southern Texas at the Rio Grande and on to CA. Rarely saw a freeway. Epic tour, put 12k kms on my 911 round trip. Highly recommended and I still have to route saved to Google maps

Have done several cross Canada trips as well

Am planning on a couple this spring/summer. This spring hopefully down to PA with a group of car guys I hang out with, to drive the route that Car and Driver used for their sports car of the year article (check it out out, looks awesome). And in the summer hopefully with the wife out to NL and Labrador

If anyone heads out of TO for a drive, let me know!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.