Hey Willy.
To extend the life of these gears, and to stop the premature headlight openings.
Just remove the #44 relay behind the removable carpet piece at the front of the passenger foot well.
You will now have complete control over headlight function.

I just remembered you have an American car and it doesn't have the DRL's

Oh well good luck with your new gears.:canada:
Just had a look for this relay in my '02 and there's no #44 relay there??

Hey Willy.
To extend the life of these gears, and to stop the premature headlight openings.
Just remove the #44 relay behind the removable carpet piece at the front of the passenger foot well.
You will now have complete control over headlight function.

I just remembered you have an American car and it doesn't have the DRL's

Oh well good luck with your new gears.:canada:
I looked at doing this but can't see a "#44 relay" - could you be more specific on the number / location? Thanks.

If the gears in your headlight motors are giving you trouble, this is a good video. And make sure your read Boomer Po's comments below the video too. Could get a guy out of a jam on a trip.

Thanks again , Pal !

Attachments

• Alrighty.gif
    Alrighty.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: ddgermann
The gears in my pass side seem fine, no noise etc, it just doesn’t open, and the drivers side works fine. I’m wondering if it’s just a ground or something simple?
An update on this. A buddy, that was a good GM mechanic, came over today and played with the headlite etc. He tested a few things and then simply turned the manual adjustment for raising the headlight and then it worked fine. Figured it was possibly some dirt etc on the motor brushes. All's good , but saved a lot of unecessary work on my part!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.