Aug 4, 2020
Brooklin
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette
Province
ON
Hey folks!

My C8 is almost 3 years old now and my plan was to be in my 2023 HTC by now but 14 months later and my order still has no allocation.

Couple questions. Do you think I should purchase an extended warranty even though I have no plans to keep the car? It may possibly help resale?

Next question is how much do they cost? I'm having trouble getting a straight answer from searches.

Thanks

No right answer; it's a matter of preference and your risk tolerance. But yes, it would likely help resale if you sell to someone other than a dealer. Personally, I bought it for my 2020 since it was the first MY and I especially worry about all the electronics in new vehicles these days. Cost varies (based upon number of added years and the deductible you choose) and it pays to shop around. You can buy the warranty offered by GM from any of their dealerships and because they make a good profit off it, you can usually negotiate it down substantially. Then there are warranties offered by others but I tend to prefer manufacturer warranties. Make sure you understand what's covered and the exclusions of any extended warranty you choose (aka: read the fine print). Good luck!

Hello all. Im leaning towards getting it when my car comes hopefully in June. But when I hear about reading the fine print, it’s not true extension of the 3 year 60K bumper to bumper warranty. Makes me want to read the fine print. I have not actually seen a GM exclusion list of what is not covered. But did read if the repairs are deemed, WEAR or MAINTENANCE items, you’re not covered. So with regards to the HTC and transmission. I can see GM saying those are items that get require maintenance and do in fact get worn out in time.
Anyone have a copy of the fine print from an actual extended warranty form?

Hello all. Im leaning towards getting it when my car comes hopefully in June. But when I hear about reading the fine print, it’s not true extension of the 3 year 60K bumper to bumper warranty. Makes me want to read the fine print. I have not actually seen a GM exclusion list of what is not covered. But did read if the repairs are deemed, WEAR or MAINTENANCE items, you’re not covered. So with regards to the HTC and transmission. I can see GM saying those are items that get require maintenance and do in fact get worn out in time.
A bad tranny with under 50,000 kilometers (I may even be low on the kms) is not a maintenance or a wear item.

Reactions: opmope
Isn’t literally every part a wear or maintenance item? That seems to give them a huge out. Even engines are designed to wear out after a looong service life.

This is like when consumers got screwed over by the commercial airline regulations that specified payment for delays but left a loophole that exempted “safety reasons”. Literally every aircraft issue is arguably for safety. And this gets cited every time to deny payouts.

I know a dude who bought the extended warranty at first point of sale. Then flipped it. Then was all pissy that it didn't pay off in the end. He will tell you different though...
Insurance almost never pays. It's a crap shoot either way.

Insurance almost never pays. It's a crap shoot either way.
If insurance always paid, insurance companies would all be broke instead of profiting into the billions. Out of interest, the dealerships get approximately 50% of the premium they charge you. They love it when buyers don't negotiate them down for extended warranties. Takes almost nothing to get a $1000.00 reduction in your quoted warranty price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.