Power User
Mar 27, 2019
Bonnyville
VetteCoins
Car
70th #1259
Province
AB
Looking to get my radar detector hard wired into the mirror. Tired of the cord flopping around. Any recommendations in the Calgary area (actually I would go anywhere in the province) for installation. Likely a Blendmount detector mount. Thanks in advance.

Not that hard to do yourself
20200618_192355.jpg

Last edited:
I did mine a couple years ago and another local C7. Both were Valentine V1 with mirror mount from Great Lakes Trophies: Great Lakes Trophies & Engraving | Michigan Resin Trophies
Reasonably easy install with the right parts.
Invisicord Products for the micro cord and instructions below:

I did it a very easy way through the rear of the mirror. Get your supplies ready first. blade screwdriver, very bright light, rat tail file, fine small electronic type of needle nose pliers. (Screwdriver is to help pry off rear plastic cover, needle nose pliers is to help push in wire if needed)

In the daytime, sit backwards in the passenger seat with right leg stretched out between the seats and left leg out the passenger door (except on Convertible then just bend leg as best you can). You will be facing the rear of the car with your head against the dash.
With bright light on, looking at the rear of the mirror, simply pry the lower part of the black plastic off of the rear of the mirror. It will pop off easily. Using the bright light, look for the black wire and the purple going to the connector coming from the upper bunch of wires towards the top (not bottom feed). Identify them. No need to remove or seperate the connectors. One at a time, take your black wire from your new pin feed and push staight in along side the black wire going into the connector that you identified. Push very hard and most of all straight in until it seats in the connector along side the factory wire. Do the same with the red wire along side the purple wire from the factory. Use needle nose pliers if you need them. You MUST connect to the side coming from the car not the side out to the mirror.
Use the rat tail file to make a round depression into the removed plastic piece where your new wire exits the mirror. I recommend doing this before doing the wiring. decide where the new wire will exit and make the round depression first.

Or come over in the spring and I'll help.

I did mine a couple years ago and another local C7. Both were Valentine V1 with mirror mount from Great Lakes Trophies: Great Lakes Trophies & Engraving | Michigan Resin Trophies
Reasonably easy install with the right parts.
Invisicord Products for the micro cord and instructions below:

I did it a very easy way through the rear of the mirror. Get your supplies ready first. blade screwdriver, very bright light, rat tail file, fine small electronic type of needle nose pliers. (Screwdriver is to help pry off rear plastic cover, needle nose pliers is to help push in wire if needed)

In the daytime, sit backwards in the passenger seat with right leg stretched out between the seats and left leg out the passenger door (except on Convertible then just bend leg as best you can). You will be facing the rear of the car with your head against the dash.
With bright light on, looking at the rear of the mirror, simply pry the lower part of the black plastic off of the rear of the mirror. It will pop off easily. Using the bright light, look for the black wire and the purple going to the connector coming from the upper bunch of wires towards the top (not bottom feed). Identify them. No need to remove or seperate the connectors. One at a time, take your black wire from your new pin feed and push staight in along side the black wire going into the connector that you identified. Push very hard and most of all straight in until it seats in the connector along side the factory wire. Do the same with the red wire along side the purple wire from the factory. Use needle nose pliers if you need them. You MUST connect to the side coming from the car not the side out to the mirror.
Use the rat tail file to make a round depression into the removed plastic piece where your new wire exits the mirror. I recommend doing this before doing the wiring. decide where the new wire will exit and make the round depression first.

Or come over in the spring and I'll help.
I'm coming over. With beer.

Reactions: C SEVEN GS Bob
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.