Casual User
Mar 20, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
'23 Corvette Z06/Z07
Province
ON
Took delivery yesterday!

Definitely a completely different experience from my C7 thats for sure, wow.

C81.jpg

c8interior.jpg

Well other then the obvious differences being that the engine is behind you and you sit further forward, the brake pedal and throttle, even on the lowest setting feel incredibly responsive compared to the linear feel of my C7. Just a little bit is all you need and it stops hard. The cabin feels very insulated, hard to hear exhaust sounds, much more quiet. The C7 has that typical rumble of a V8 from under the hood you can feel in your bones even while idling, the C8 is much more refined and that rumble is gone.

A few interior changes compare to the C7, e-brake has moved, the fans in the C8 for climate control and the ventilated seats are much more powerful then the C7 despite being hidden and smaller.

It just feels like a completely different car to me, despite the fact both say Corvette.

Well other then the obvious differences being that the engine is behind you and you sit further forward, the brake pedal and throttle, even on the lowest setting feel incredibly responsive compared to the linear feel of my C7. Just a little bit is all you need and it stops hard. The cabin feels very insulated, hard to hear exhaust sounds, much more quiet. The C7 has that typical rumble of a V8 from under the hood you can feel in your bones even while idling, the C8 is much more refined and that rumble is gone.

A few interior changes compare to the C7, e-brake has moved, the fans in the C8 for climate control and the ventilated seats are much more powerful then the C7 despite being hidden and smaller.

It just feels like a completely different car to me, despite the fact both say Corvette.
Handling: sharp bends, feel at higher speeds etc. is what I was getting at. Perhaps you have not been able to, in such a short period to experience it? I really like my C7 and would love to keep it along with the C8; but, not going to happen: wife who is not going to appreciate my new C8 - LOL.

I haven't pushed it and honestly, I doubt my non Z51, non mag ride C8 Stingray is going to outhandle my Z06 so I can't speak for your car (do you have Z51 and mag ride?) but I guess it should feel more confidence inspiring if your pushing it to the limits.

I haven't pushed it and honestly, I doubt my non Z51, non mag ride C8 Stingray is going to outhandle my Z06 so I can't speak for your car (do you have Z51 and mag ride?) but I guess it should feel more confidence inspiring if your pushing it to the limits.
Yes, loaded C7 with MRC; but, not Z51. If I give her the rear end starts to go and I know the Z06 would be worse from talking to guys with a Z06. My C8 HTC will be loaded though: Z51, MRC, carbon fiber interior, upgraded GT2 seats, front lift, sport exhaust, lower spoiler that is available for 2022. My last vette (5th); so, might as well go large. Color is my problem. I like the new hypersonic gray, the new orange, torch red. Your C8 should handle way better than your Z06 being mid-engine.

This is my first vette so I cannot make the comparisons you are making but I have been told by another C6 owner who was behind me in a CCO rally a couple of weeks ago that my exhaust note was good from behind. I think that the C8 cockpit is not able to hear it as much inside given it is all behind the driver. The brake-by-wire is the big change as there is now no master cylinder it is all electric at the pedal. Congrats on the car! love the yellow trim.

Yes, the exhaust sounds quieter from inside, outside the loudness is more or less the same decibels as a C7.

I understand why its quieter, more sound deadening to protect from hearing everything from the engine, accessories, valves etc but I'd love to hear a bit more without breaking the bank.

Yes, the exhaust sounds quieter from inside, outside the loudness is more or less the same decibels as a C7.

I understand why its quieter, more sound deadening to protect from hearing everything from the engine, accessories, valves etc but I'd love to hear a bit more without breaking the bank.
Tape it and play it back in the car - LOL.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.