Sep 9, 2019
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
SL550 MB :-)
Province
ON
Hey Folks

I found out today that my C8 order (by my request) got cancelled it was at 3000 Event Code and I got my deposit back as well. The deposit back was a huge concern on mine as if I could not get it back I would have been snookered.

I had to weigh this decision with all this going on and to where best my money should go at this time, and putting 125K into a vehicle at this point did not seem one of the best decisions at this time.

I hope that moving forward you all will be safe and not be affected by C-19 (I know some of you already have).

My time on here has been such a blast and I guess I will keep on here but not in the same way.

Stay safe,

Kevin

Sorry to hear that Kev but you are not alone in your decision. Many will experience financial woes through this Covid epidemic. We can only hope that everyone does their part in preventing the spread and help snuffing this virus out sooner rather than later. Stay well and stay safe and by all means stick around CCF.

Sorry to hear that Kev but you are not alone in your decision. Many will experience financial woes through this Covid epidemic. We can only hope that everyone does their part in preventing the spread and help snuffing this virus out sooner rather than later. Stay well and stay safe and by all means stick around CCF.
10-4 on that!

I am thinking the same thing now also, i can't pay cash for mine so a big payment isn't what i need.
JC well it was a very tough decision to come to many hours thinking about it and talks with my GF who was very supportive as well as friends and my financial guy I could have done it but there is just too much economic uncertainty right now to be pulling 125K out to put on a vehicle New or Used.

I know new vehicle sales are way down with only a few brave souls venturing into dealerships. For that reason, some Edmonton dealerships have laid off entire sales staff, most of their financial people and they're considering closing their doors although their service departments will likely continue to operate for repair/warranty purposes. It will be interesting to see what happens with the C8 sales if COVID continues for a longer period of time, given all of the initial demand and waiting lists. Hopefully COVID will soon run its course and we can all start to rebuild. It's unfortunate that such a great vehicle is being released during these unprecedented economic times. However what happens to GM will be felt industry-wide, country-wide and world-wide if COVID takes too long to disappear, and it's of limited comfort to realize we're all in the same boat. Here's wishing you and yours good health!

I know new vehicle sales are way down with only a few brave souls venturing into dealerships. For that reason, some Edmonton dealerships have laid off entire sales staff, most of their financial people and they're considering closing their doors although their service departments will likely continue to operate for repair/warranty purposes. It will be interesting to see what happens with the C8 sales if COVID continues for a longer period of time, given all of the initial demand and waiting lists. Hopefully COVID will soon run its course and we can all start to rebuild. It's unfortunate that such a great vehicle is being released during these unprecedented economic times. However what happens to GM will be felt industry-wide, country-wide and world-wide if COVID takes too long to disappear, and it's of limited comfort to realize we're all in the same boat. Here's wishing you and yours good health!
Well said and think of the Travel and Tourism Industry how they are being hit.....the help the govt is offering is one of those something id better than nothing and a work in progress to say the least.....the decisions being made are impacting homes communities city's countries and the world on all different levels.

I also hope this will pass soon but I feel that as we as a colder climate to where many have traveled to warmer climates like Italy and Spain and beautiful regular winter vacation spots that is when we are going to see our spike in cases, hopefully all will do their part in the 14 day order to keep our numbers down and think about the whole rather than the one.

Times are tough and we need to stay on course to minimize the impacts this will have on our lives but we need to stand strong together to get through this and out the other side and move on from that point to be stronger together.

Stay Safe

Kevin

I received information this morning and they are suggesting for Alberta, the pandemic will peak mid May.

I think if we look at the China timelines that would be a good baseline to see once all protocols are being followed those should be close to what we see I kind of look at it like we are at the base of the mountain Italy and Spain are like 3/4 the way up and China is on the other side coming down.

Sorry to hear.
Difficult decision and one that will be repeated in many households in varying degrees given the current uncertainty. I feel that everyone will be affected in one way or another.
We all have to hang in, stay safe and do whatever is possible and necessary to overcome this. Many Businesses will need support because if they fail then Unemployment will be at record levels.

It is my sincere hope that this will not mutate and soon the worse will be over.

Stay safe friends!!

Reactions: BDK and Sparro
I think if we look at the China timelines that would be a good baseline to see once all protocols are being followed those should be close to what we see I kind of look at it like we are at the base of the mountain Italy and Spain are like 3/4 the way up and China is on the other side coming down.
I sincerely hope the information coming out of China is accurate and not just an attempt to revive world faith and thereby salvage a suffering export business... Sorry for the negativity but possibly Day 9 has taken some toll on me... :(

Hey Folks

I found out today that my C8 order (by my request) got cancelled it was at 3000 Event Code and I got my deposit back as well. The deposit back was a huge concern on mine as if I could not get it back I would have been snookered.

I had to weigh this decision with all this going on and to where best my money should go at this time, and putting 125K into a vehicle at this point did not seem one of the best decisions at this time.

I hope that moving forward you all will be safe and not be affected by C-19 (I know some of you already have).

My time on here has been such a blast and I guess I will keep on here but not in the same way.

Stay safe,

Kevin

I think this is smart thinking. When I ordered my 19 C7 Z06 I paid cash, I had to sell stock to get it so it was a blessing in disguise, as my portfolio has definitely taken a hit now with the covid-19. Even though the market is tanking I have no worries about someone coming to repo it. I would not want to make payments in this environment.........

• Winner
Reactions: OttawaKev
I sincerely hope the information coming out of China is accurate and not just an attempt to revive world faith and thereby salvage a suffering export business... Sorry for the negativity but possibly Day 9 has taken some toll on me... :(

You gotta keep positive buddy, binge watch some good shows. Talk to family, and spend some time on the forum talking to people with similar interests (i.e. us members :) Me I work from home, but its not steady. I'm on and off and work all hours, sometimes in the evening. I just put in an honest days work. Its actually better than a straight 8hrs. Keep positive buddy.

Reactions: OttawaKev
I think this is smart thinking. When I ordered my 19 C7 Z06 I paid cash, I had to sell stock to get it so it was a blessing in disguise, as my portfolio has definitely taken a hit now with the covid-19. Even though the market is tanking I have no worries about someone coming to repo it. I would not want to make payments in this environment.........
Ya my $$$ guy said its crazy to be putting that much cash into a new luxury item at this time hey a few months back it was A-Okay but he says hunker down right now.....the other think was who knows when I would see this as I had such a late TPW and it was a convertible so I was hearing those would be done after all the coupes, that could maybe be built later this year and here in late fall or even the winter?

I would love to have it but the silver lining for those who have theirs or once things open up again will be taking delivery of them they will be a limited run so low #s which will be cool for them.

Stay Safe

Kevin

Reactions: V8!
Don't leave Kev. I respect your decision and being responsible with your priorities. Theres always next year, and things will get better. Thankfully I don't have to worry about a job. Took early retirement years ago, but investments???? My God. What I have dropped I could have bought two more C8"s with the loss. But like I said things will get better and come back. It always does. Take care buddy.

Reactions: V8! and OttawaKev
Well Kev, I hope things work out for you . I am at 3000 also and not even sure if I could get my 5k back. Man its hard to stay positive but I will !! Worked hard all my life to get in this position to be able even to think on buying this car. I really believe if its meant to be it will end up in my garage, and if not, I will move on. Wishing you and everyone on this forum nothing but the best...

Well Kev, I hope things work out for you . I am at 3000 also and not even sure if I could get my 5k back. Man its hard to stay positive but I will !! Worked hard all my life to get in this position to be able even to think on buying this car. I really believe if its meant to be it will end up in my garage, and if not, I will move on. Wishing you and everyone on this forum nothing but the best...
Don't leave Kev. I respect your decision and being responsible with your priorities. Theres always next year, and things will get better. Thankfully I don't have to worry about a job. Took early retirement years ago, but investments???? My God. What I have dropped I could have bought two more C8"s with the loss. But like I said things will get better and come back. It always does. Take care buddy.
Gracias

I will still be kicking around with you Kooks :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.