Nov 3, 2012
buckhorn ontario
VetteCoins
Car
i'm wondering if the site has been hacked. i received an email notification from ccc that i had a private message. viewing the message it looked very similar to the friend requests you see on facebook from russian hookers. has anyone else had this happen here ?

I sent that Doug. Haliburton hookers are closer and those Russians are always causing trouble.:Biggrin:

Cannot say I have had any issues like that, maybe they read my recent bank statement and realized that even if I wanted hookers are unaffordable.

How are you Doug? Any updates on the race car?:Confused5:

i'm wondering if the site has been hacked. i received an email notification from ccc that i had a private message. viewing the message it looked very similar to the friend requests you see on facebook from russian hookers. has anyone else had this happen here ?

That's interesting, can you private message me the raw email please? Not received any reports

Depending on what email client you use there should be an option to View Message Source or Email Source... Copy paste the whole bit into a message please.

murray i suspect those "hookers" whether they're muskokan or russian are in bad need of a shave !!! lol.
I sent that Doug. Haliburton hookers are closer and those Russians are always causing trouble.:Biggrin:

Cannot say I have had any issues like that, maybe they read my recent bank statement and realized that even if I wanted hookers are unaffordable.

How are you Doug? Any updates on the race car?:Confused5:

i deleted it right away nik. something to remain vigilant about though.

Of course.

If you get another don't delete it and send it to me.

Typically spammers will hijack your address book and forward emails to you appearing as if they're from one of your contacts. This does not necessarily mean the source website/friend is hacked, it could be local to you or it could be a spam mailer that is using a common trick to appear as if it's coming from here.

Two easy ways to tell our emails are genuine:

1. Our emails are always signed
2. If you open and do Show Original you should see the raw header of the email showing lines like:
SPF: PASS with IP xx.xx.xx.
DKIM: 'PASS' with domain canadiancorvetteforums.com
Message ID <[email protected]>

As long as it's green and shows as PASS it *should* be genuine.

Reactions: ddgermann

Maybe knowing you have a race car, it was a Russian company trying to sell you a set of headers Doug.

headers.jpg