Feb 11, 2010
London, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2004 z06
I was having lunch and I came up with a crazy idea....

Detonate a low yield nuclear warhead right on the leak point... It would fuse the opening shut. Sure there would be a bit of radiation... but nothing compared to the damage of 200k-2 million gallons/day of oil in the gulf.

Thoughts?

P.S. I sent an email to the White House with my idea.... so if you don't hear from me after today you know why.

I was having lunch and I came up with a crazy idea....

Detonate a low yield nuclear warhead right on the leak point... It would fuse the opening shut. Sure there would be a bit of radiation... but nothing compared to the damage of 200k-2 million gallons/day of oil in the gulf.

Thoughts?

P.S. I sent an email to the White House with my idea.... so if you don't hear from me after today you know why.

:rofl:......

I'm a bloody genius.... it just so happens I'm 1/2 Russian...

YouTube - Nuke the oil spill: Could nuclear bomb be answer for huge leaks as at US Gulf coast?

May 05, 2010 — A giant funnel to be installed at the scene of last month's devastating explosion off the U.S. coast, is BP's best hope of halting the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

The device, designed to channel oil from the seabed to the surface where it can be collected safely, will be set up on Thursday. However, with the energy company itself not sure it will even work, Russian experts suggest that a radical solution from Soviet history may be a way out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread