Mar 13, 2011
VetteCoins
Grandsport vs Challenger 392 hemi limited

My buddy just bought a new limited edition challenger and says it will spank my 2011 grand sport. More horse in the challenger also more weight. What do you think

Last edited:
Considering everything your buddy has said he would best get a good view of the front of your car cause after the race starts, that's the last time he will see it. Bet my life on it.

So your buddy is convinced his hemi will run 11's stock is he? Child please... Lolllll.

Mwah, ha, ha, haaaaaaaa. Good o'l bench racing at it's finest! It's always down to the driver but car vs. car, no spanking will be done. Challenger 392 0-60 in 4.5, Quarter in 12.9. Corvette GS, 0-60 4.0 Quarter 12.6. If you want to really make him angry, tell him my 11 year old C5 would give his car a good run for it's money through the quarter.

:agree:

The 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 was given a big boost in horsepower and torque with its new 392-cubic inch Hemi V8, packing 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque. Chrysler claims 0-60 times in the “high 4-second range” and quarter mile times “in the high 12s.” Curb Weight: 4,082 lbs. Tire size, rear P245/45R20 Firestone Firehawk all-season performance tires??
I could not find the tire size for the rears, 245 sounds very small they would just go up in smoke
like with my CTS-V and it has much less power output?

The 2011 Corvette Grand Sport with LS3 6.2-liter engine is rated at 436 horsepower and 434 pound-feet of torque with the standard exhaust system. An optional two-mode exhaust system elevates the power ratings to 436 hp and 428 lb-ft. 0-60-mph time of 4.5 seconds, 1/4-mile 11.8 @ 123.0, Curb Weight 3,300 lbs, 6-speed manual transmission, Tire size, rear 335/25R20 94Y

The fact are all on paper, the vette looks like its almost 750lbs lighter then the Challenger.
If the vette was to loose a race I guess you would have to blamed on driver error.

I own a 400rwhp Chrysler 300c. Heavier but its the same frame/wheelbase I believe. Absolutely impossible to launch the car on stock wheels. This was before I did the heads/cam/mids.

The 3rd gear in those cars is the sweet spot in the 300/charger/challenger...

My buddy has the new 383 Challenger 6 speed and I smoked him so badly with my '06 LS2 Z51 6 speed ( when it was stock ). I've seen several challengers run at Cayuga and they run high 13's to mid 14's in the 1/4 mile. My vette ran a 12.9 on stock Goodyears...and I was shifting at 6000 rpm and easy launches because I couldn't hook on stock tires.

We swapped cars and raced...there is no comparison....the vette wins no contest...every time. I was not impressed with the Challenger..it is too heavy. The SS Camaro which is a little lighter than the Challenger... is quicker than the Challenger. The Camaro SS is rated at 12.9 1/4 mile @ 111 mph.....but it doesn't do that at the track....it is mid 13's to low 14's.

If your buddy doesn't believe it...tell him I can arrange for him to put his car up against a stock LS3 vette....but it will cost him $500.00
I think he will pass on that bet....if not...I'll gladly take his money.

:D

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.