Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Watched it yesterday and happy to report it's pretty much original Top Gear repackaged. As a fan of the original show this is good news.

Opinions?

For those who are spinning mildly in bewilderment the Grand Tour is Jeremy Clarkson's new show on Amazon Prime.

if you sign into your amazon profile at amazon.com ( not .ca ) you can request to try Prime and they are allowing it to be viewed in Canada. You need to watch it on a macbook or a laptop I guess.. Or an Android tv box device too.

I just got an Android 4K box and keyboard, will be trying it that way too.

It was good. Enjoy watching these guys.

Brian

Hurray for Android boxes! I have a couple of them and use them all the time. It's how I get Street Outlaws two months ahead of the rest of you, and am already halfway through season 8! ;)

Oh, and Fifth Gear is cool too. I like some of the old episodes where Tiff and Jeremy get together and battle.

Got some time today to watch the new Grand Tour series. Sat through the first two episodes. I must admit, I was a little disappointed. I really wanted to like it but it did not hold my attention. Huge money spent on the show with lots going on in terms of jokes and banter back and fourth amoungst the cast, but it lacked substance. It was like a very bad, big budget Hollywood movie with all the right stars, all the right special effects and stunts, but with absolutely no story at all.

What I liked best about the original series was the actual car reviews. Believe it or not, but this is almost non-existent in the new series. It is mostly shtick.

Got some time today to watch the new Grand Tour series. Sat through the first two episodes. I must admit, I was a little disappointed. I really wanted to like it but it did not hold my attention. Huge money spent on the show with lots going on in terms of jokes and banter back and fourth amoungst the cast, but it lacked substance. It was like a very bad, big budget Hollywood movie with all the right stars, all the right special effects and stunts, but with absolutely no story at all.

What I liked best about the original series was the actual car reviews. Believe it or not, but this is almost non-existent in the new series. It is mostly shtick.

Have to agree. Had my beer/rose goggles for the first one and perhaps a bit too optimistic. Second one didn't improve the formula at all.

Yeah, I thought the second episode was terrible. All shtick - No cars....

I really hope they get back to the proven formula. What I found most refreshing about Top Gear was the honesty regarding their car reviews. Every car was not fabulous - some were pure rubbish...

Rick

Hi guys. Hey with those Android boxes do you get your local Canadian tv stations as well?
You can get all shows, no need for channels. I enjoy college sports so I purchased a IPTV box which allows for subscriptions to sports and other shows. see IPTV.ca ask your local shop that sells computers about them.
All shows from allover the world and channels too. Movies HD quality.

Finally watched episode 1. Was tolerable but not as good as I expected... Will give it a try for a few episodes and see...

87zGl.gif

You can get all shows, no need for channels. I enjoy college sports so I purchased a IPTV box which allows for subscriptions to sports and other shows. see IPTV.ca ask your local shop that sells computers about them.
All shows from allover the world and channels too. Movies HD quality.

I'll look into this. Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.