Apr 27, 2010
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
1998 roadster 6spd
My baby! Rear drivers quarter, behind the rear wheel. Doesn't look like much, but it's a 3 grand touch. To the credit of the young girl who backed into me in the parking lot while I was doing minor hockey executive work, she stuck around till I came out. She, her dad, and another guy (uncle or grandpa) were all there, and as I approached the car, she asked "Is this your car?" and I knew right away what had happened.

She called her dad as soon as it happened, and he came out with the other guy. They waited 2 hrs for me to come back, which I think deserves some recognition. I told her that while I was upset about the damage, I was most impressed that she owned up to it. She could have just as easily taken off and I would have never known who did it, AND be stuck with the bill.

I'll get pics tomorrow.

AH! That sucks! That is awesome of her to stick around. Bravo! If only more people were like her, it would make life less frustrating. Maybe this is a blessing as you could always go with a Tiger Shark rear end or Specter Werks rear with the integrated spoiler if the back panel needs replacement.

Best of luck with getting your baby fixed quickly and looking like new again.

Sorry for the bad luck. As you said, at least she stepped up -- too many these days would just step away leaving you with a big fat bill or a claim you don't want to make.

G/L with repairs.

That sucks. But at least you'll be able to fix it up nice.

To bad you didn't get hit a little harder.......then I migh have a doner engine for my car:D

T

Yes, sorry for your misfortune but at least for one brief second, Taylor has not been eyeing up the engine in my car while imagining the whole rear end of my car being wiped off by a truck.:rofl:

Thanks guys. I didn't get too worked up about it as it's just a car. No one got hurt, yes it sux but it can be fixed.

For those of you who know of it, I took it to Doug's Place for an estimate- $3000. Said they'd have to remove the panel for repair and paint, plus remove the hardware from the door and do a blend. They do incredible work and I'd be hard pressed to say I know of another place I trust as much.

Thanks guys. I didn't get too worked up about it as it's just a car. No one got hurt, yes it sux but it can be fixed.

For those of you who know of it, I took it to Doug's Place for an estimate- $3000. Said they'd have to remove the panel for repair and paint, plus remove the hardware from the door and do a blend. They do incredible work and I'd be hard pressed to say I know of another place I trust as much.

Sounds like you're in good hands --- and that the ride will be good as new before you know it..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.