Jan 24, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Z06, McLaren GT
Province
AB
I have purchased a 2004 C5 Z06. The car has Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires. In order to get the car to Edmonton it must go on open trailer car carrier, and this could
be a 4 day ride
The transport company refuses to be responsible in the event the tires crack due to the cold weather. Does anyone have experience with this problem .
Feed back appreciated

I have purchased a 2004 C5 Z06. The car has Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires. In order to get the car to Edmonton it must go on open trailer car carrier, and this could
be a 4 day ride
The transport company refuses to be responsible in the event the tires crack due to the cold weather. Does anyone have experience with this problem .
Feed back appreciated
I've never heard of GY F1 tires cracking in the cold. My first Vette had F1's before I had a heated shop here in Alberta. I had no problems.

Thank you for your comments. I have taken responsibilities with the car carriers for cracked tires during transport.
Will report back as to what happened. Hope to have car by end of week
If by chance your F1's are nearing their life, consider surfing through recommendations here on the forum for replacement choices, as from experience the ride and road noise factor with the F1'is not as good as many other options.

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
The F 1’s are not known to have issues. I’ve seen used vettes out in the winter at dealerships. They had no issues. Now cup ties.... they would crack. Different compounds. Hence the road noise on those Goodyears. I would replace them and enjoy better traction and less road noise. Which I did on my Z. Enjoy the new toy.

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06

Attachments

• 02695A3A-7B9F-4548-81A0-C0A8A0E11B35.jpeg
    02695A3A-7B9F-4548-81A0-C0A8A0E11B35.jpeg
    985.8 KB · Views: 24
I work at a new car dealership. When we receive new vehicles by transport there is 50 psi in the tires. This might help prevent tire issues and the bouncing during shipping.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread