Casual User
Sep 3, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
E-RAY 2LZ HTC
Province
QC
Hi,
Here's the E-Ray that I've received last week. I did the PPF, ceramic coating and windows tint.
Do you guys recommend taking the tires/wheels protection for the C8?
I took it for my last C8 Stingray and I used it once for an avoidable accident on the rim.
I'm debating if I should take it for the E-Ray or not. I'll keep this car until the next C9 "E-Ray or similar" coming out.
Thanks!
Ian

Attachments

• IMG_3711.jpeg
    IMG_3711.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3712.jpeg
    IMG_3712.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3713.jpeg
    IMG_3713.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3715.jpeg
    IMG_3715.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3716.jpeg
    IMG_3716.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Winner
Reactions: 1st Vette
Hi Scott,
I think the E-Ray rim cost between 700-1000$.
I hit my front passenger rim one & only time in my Stingray with the curbside and it was avoidable but I was too lazy to backup the car before turning. I think it costs between 200-300$ to repair the rim according to the dealer.
Probably it's worth it the GMPP for tires/wheels. Did you take it beside the extended warranty and GM Essential service plan?

What is the cost of one of your rims vs what did they quote you for the warranty? Should I check to see if our sponsor can get you a better price?
How long after purchase do you have to buy the service plan before the price changes? And what is the cost of the two options ? I’m sure this info is on the form somewhere but I know you will have accurate information. I am interested as I will be adhering to all recommend maintenance procedures and intervals. Thanks.

Hi,
Here's the E-Ray that I've received last week. I did the PPF, ceramic coating and windows tint.
Do you guys recommend taking the tires/wheels protection for the C8?
I took it for my last C8 Stingray and I used it once for an avoidable accident on the rim.
I'm debating if I should take it for the E-Ray or not. I'll keep this car until the next C9 "E-Ray or similar" coming out.
Thanks!
Ian
Congratulations. She is a beauty !

Reactions: ian1975
I bought my extended warranty from our sponsor before the price increase that many members took advantage of. The dealer where I bought the car didn't offer GMPP wheel and tire warranty. The warranty they had only offered pothole coverage, not curb damage so I didn't buy it. I have a second set of rims and tires available to me.
If you want I could check into the member pricing of the wheel and tire warranty with Don.
Scott

How long after purchase do you have to buy the service plan before the price changes? And what is the cost of the two options ? I’m sure this info is on the form somewhere but I know you will have accurate information. I am interested as I will be adhering to all recommend maintenance procedures and intervals. Thanks.
If you want pricing I can get it for you. You can DM me your VIN and your current Km and contact info. Did you buy the extended warranty in Edmonton? Do you just want pricing on the service plan now?

If you want pricing I can get it for you. You can DM me your VIN and your current Km and contact info. Did you buy the extended warranty in Edmonton? Do you just want pricing on the service plan now?
Thanks I appreciate your time. Yes I did get the extended warranty through Northgate. Price seemed right. Just interested in the service plan now. I will send you the info . Much appreciated.

I bought my extended warranty from our sponsor before the price increase that many members took advantage of. The dealer where I bought the car didn't offer GMPP wheel and tire warranty. The warranty they had only offered pothole coverage, not curb damage so I didn't buy it. I have a second set of rims and tires available to me.
If you want I could check into the member pricing of the wheel and tire warranty with Don.
Scott
Thanks Scott, I've already talked with Don but I just have to decide...

Hi Scott,
I think the E-Ray rim cost between 700-1000$.
I hit my front passenger rim one & only time in my Stingray with the curbside and it was avoidable but I was too lazy to backup the car before turning. I think it costs between 200-300$ to repair the rim according to the dealer.
Probably it's worth it the GMPP for tires/wheels. Did you take it beside the extended warranty and GM Essential service plan?
Ian, here is your quote:
Hey Scott,

The tire and rim would be $855. It can get a bit lower when bundled with a warranty or maint plan.

Scott,
Thanks for the quote. Finally, I bought everything with Don (extended warranty, GM Essential service plan and Tires/rims protection plan) today. I took for 84 months until the C9 E-Ray or similar coming out. This is the first car that I will keep for more than four years...
I'm very happy dealing with Don. He's very nice. He takes time to explain different plans and he doesn't pressure you.
Ian

Reactions: Matt_Orleans
Scott,
Thanks for the quote. Finally, I bought everything with Don (extended warranty, GM Essential service plan and Tires/rims protection plan) today. I took for 84 months until the C9 E-Ray or similar coming out. This is the first car that I will keep for more than four years...
I'm very happy dealing with Don. He's very nice. He takes time to explain different plans and he doesn't pressure you.
Ian
Hi Ian, yes I got you the quote from Don. Sounds like he took care of you and your well protected now until you get the C9!
Enjoy your new car!
Scott