Sep 23, 2018
U.S. Pacific Northwest
VetteCoins

Attachments

• 596570E4-125A-4444-8855-9491F5232AD3.png
    596570E4-125A-4444-8855-9491F5232AD3.png
    215.4 KB · Views: 479
Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is a 2022, the window sticker does not show the DCT filter change as being included. Just states "2 complimentary lube - oil - filter 2 YR,24000km", did GM issue a service bulletin to cover all 2022?

Yes although some dealers are still unaware of this, so you may have to dig in your heels a bit to ensure it's done. For example, when I bought my 2023 last October, my sales manager wasn't sure and that's from an Edmonton dealership that sells/services a fair number of Corvettes. Thank goodness for these Corvette Forums...which quite often give us info that even the dealers don't know about. But to be fair, the dealers sell all sorts of GM products, whereas the members here are focused (typically) on only one...

I recently went in to get my 2020 C8 oil and filter change and DCT transmission canister replaced. I brought it to a dealership that is closer to me and not to the dealership I bought the car from. Because mine is a 2020 I don’t get the DCT change free. When I brought it in they told me that it would take at least 3 hours because of the DCT work. I questioned that because the videos showing what has be done is completed in less than an hour. They told me that’s what the book says. I was charged $1475 for both of which $509+tax was labour. When I checked my PDR I noticed that the car was in the bay for about 1 hour. I called the service manager and asked about the labour charge and the fact they only spent an hour on the car. I was told there is nothing they can do, the book says to charge 3 hours. Their hourly rate is $189. In the future I think I’ll ask more questions about the service being done and the charges for work performed.

I recently went in to get my 2020 C8 oil and filter change and DCT transmission canister replaced. I brought it to a dealership that is closer to me and not to the dealership I bought the car from. Because mine is a 2020 I don’t get the DCT change free. When I brought it in they told me that it would take at least 3 hours because of the DCT work. I questioned that because the videos showing what has be done is completed in less than an hour. They told me that’s what the book says. I was charged $1475 for both of which $509+tax was labour. When I checked my PDR I noticed that the car was in the bay for about 1 hour. I called the service manager and asked about the labour charge and the fact they only spent an hour on the car. I was told there is nothing they can do, the book says to charge 3 hours. Their hourly rate is $189. In the future I think I’ll ask more questions about the service being done and the charges for work performed.
THAT is a beef I've had to begin with with all dealers going by the book. "It's to protect us from slow mechanics!" B.S.!!!!

Ok so I have a question: I have about 13,000 miles on my 2020. I am coming to my 3 year anniversary which states that I have to change the fluid. I have already changed my filter once. I don't want to change my fluid without changing my filter. Does that mean I have to change my filter again at 22,500 miles?

Corvette DCT Fluid.JPG

Ok so I have a question: I have about 13,000 miles on my 2020. I am coming to my 3 year anniversary which states that I have to change the fluid. I have already changed my filter once. I don't want to change my fluid without changing my filter. Does that mean I have to change my filter again at 22,500 miles?

View attachment 112567
No. Note 5 says every 5 years. Personally I think I know someone who will wait the 5 years before changing the fluid. I think being no where near 72,000 kms but at 3 years is a joke. Who puts 72,000 kms on ANY car in 3 years??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread