AllFlash

Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
Just received notification that if my Z06 had ever gone into limp mode at the track, I am to make an appointment with GM and they will install an updated radiator package, and updated shift point calibration software to fix this issue FREE OF CHARGE!. Of course it did!!! This coverage is valid for an extended warranty period of 7 years/116K kilometres. - Program ID N202302270

This is why you tread carefully with things at times. This is a Canadian program. In the US they just settled this class action law suit...$80 per claimant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dik and Russell
Just received notification that if my Z06 had ever gone into limp mode at the track, I am to make an appointment with GM and they will install an updated radiator package, and updated shift point calibration software to fix this issue FREE OF CHARGE!. Of course it did!!! This coverage is valid for an extended warranty period of 7 years/116K kilometres. - Program ID N202302270

This is why you tread carefully with things at times. This is a Canadian program. In the US they just settled this class action law suit...$80 per claimant.
I can see a lot of Z owners looking to this update Les. Hopefully they don't check for the limp mode code. May have to tell them you recently had the codes cleared...lol.

Reactions: Russell
I can see a lot of Z owners looking to this update Les. Hopefully they don't check for the limp mode code. May have to tell them you recently had the codes cleared...lol.
Actually, that was the first thing he asked, whether any codes had been cleared. I went into Limp Mode on my last track event at one point and asked him if I can help him by giving the exact date. He stated not necessary and they would be ordering the parts and setting up a Spring appointment. Kind of funny... There would be a time when so many were hesitant about something happening to their car by taking it to the track. I never thought I would be gaining benefit from such.

Have to laugh... If this car had never gone into limp mode at the track, I like so many others I am sure, would be tracking with hopes of hitting limp mode now just for this upgrade. 7 years of the build date which gives one another year.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    202.7 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Dik and Russell
FOLLOWUP!!!!

So the dealers got an 'addendum' that wasn't included with our letter that states that there has to be irrefutable proof of the deficiency either in the codes, by picture or video. These are the only three acceptable methods to validate the repair. My dealer called and started to hum and haw, first explaining to me that the repair is over $4000 Cdn. He then added that, when they replaced my coolant reservoir in the Fall (a $500 bill) they may have cleared the codes and that's not a good thing. It meant they couldn't order the parts and set an appointment until the snow melts to confirm. I laughed. Hee asked why. I said because he just made me realize that coolant repair should be free as that is exactly when it occurred. He hummed and hawed some more and stated that he would be speaking with the District rep next week over Zoom.

I laughed again. He wasn't too amused i don't think. I explained that I understand what the cost to them would be if it isn't eventually approved but the probability is that they cleared the codes when disconnecting the battery as they always do and that kind of leads to an impasse? I explained that I had no problem writing to GM customer service directly and stating EXACTLY what we had discussed here and getting their direction. He thanked me, set that appointment, stated he was ordering the parts and checking into the bill being reimbursed. It was a good day. Lol.

Last edited:
FOLLOWUP!!!!

So the dealers got an 'addendum' that wasn't included with our letter that states that there has to be irrefutable proof of the deficiency either in the codes, by picture or video. These are the only three acceptable methods to validate the repair. My dealer called and started to hum and haw, first explaining to me that the repair is over $4000 Cdn. He then added that, when they replaced my coolant reservoir in the Fall (a $500 bill) they may have cleared the codes and that's not a good thing. It meant they couldn't order the parts and set an appointment until the snow melts to confirm. I laughed. Hee asked why. I said because he just made me realize that coolant repair should be free as that is exactly when it occurred. He hummed and hawed some more and stated that he would be speaking with the District rep next week over Zoom.

I laughed again. He wasn't too amused i don't think. I explained that I understand what the cost to them would be if it isn't eventually approved but the probability is that they cleared the codes when disconnecting the battery as they always do and that kind of leads to an impasse? I explained that I had no problem writing to GM customer service directly and stating EXACTLY what we had discussed here and getting their direction. He thanked me, set that appointment, stated he was ordering the parts and checking into the bill being reimbursed. It was a good day. Lol.

hmmmmm.... No surprise here.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread