Is the GM maintenance is worth the money. They are trying to sell me maintenance package with their extended warranty.
Never heard of it.
I guess it's all the oil changes. Can't think off hand of anything else that it might include. I'd say it isn't worth it, but I don't know what it all includes and for how much. Many on here don't think the extended warranty is worth it.

I find that generally, maintenance (usually oil/filter changes) packages cost about the same as having the work done by the dealership. I can't speak for the C8 but that's what I found for the last car I bought new. It depends. I'd suggest you see what's included and compare it to the normal cost of same. To figure out the servicing you'll likely do, keep in mind how many miles you'll put on the car if you park it for some of the year. As well, find out the cost of an oil change if you supply the oil. That can save you a ton since you can usually buy the same oil from a Mobil distributor in your area, far cheaper than the dealership price. Or if you really want to get adventurous, buy the OEM oil filter (and DCT filter for that matter) at a discount from a GM wholesaler and supply those plus fluids to your dealership. Also decide if you're able to do any of the maintenance that's included in the package, yourself. Finally, see if purchasing the package allows you to have the work done at any GM dealership. If not and it has to be done where you make the purchase, make sure you're pleased with this dealer's service or if you don't know from personal experience, check out its Web reviews and ask around. Good luck!

Thanks for the quick reply. The business manager said it covered everything including brake and oil change but looking at Gm web site it is the pre-maintenance plus package that covers everything. The price is way to high for what you are getting. The extended warranty might be worth it but he only lowered 1000.00 from 4000.00

Thanks for the quick reply. The business manager said it covered everything including brake and oil change but looking at Gm web site it is the pre-maintenance plus package that covers everything. The price is way to high for what you are getting. The extended warranty might be worth it but he only lowered 1000.00 from 4000.00

Your dealer made a very healthy profit off the extended warranty and you may have purchased it from another dealer for less, given the experience of others. As well, I've posted elsewhere on these Forums this info: my dealer's finance person told me that GM was allotting $1,900 to dealers for every 2020 C8 deal, to use as the dealer deemed fit to "grease the wheels" of the deal (aka: customer PR). I had my dealer apply all of mine towards the extended warranty cost...yet still found others who were offered a better discount when purchasing their extended warranty. Oh well.

Maybe (?) your dealer threw in other things towards your deal and that's why it offered you only $1,000 off the extended warranty? Or maybe (but I doubt it) GM isn't giving dealers the same "mad money" to use towards the 2021's?? Regardless, people should realize that dealers are likely playing with GM's money (not their own) so they should be nice to people who are paying full MSRP when it comes to any extras. My 2 cents.

Might be called a "GM maintenance" but sounds like a Dealership specific thing ...
where the "Extended warranty" is offered everywhere - so check into the details of it.
Would not do it myself as it would very likely tie me to servicing at a specific Dealership and
Servicing should be wherever convenient at any Dealership of choice.

Last edited:
Might be called a "GM maintenance" but sounds like a Dealership specific thing ...
where the "Extended warranty" is offered everywhere - so check into the details of it.
Would not do it myself as it would very likely tie me to servicing at a specific Dealership and
Servicing should be wherever convenient at any Dealership of choice.
No it is a GM Maintenance package and can be used at any Gm dealer.

No it is a GM Maintenance package and can be used at any Gm dealer.
Never heard of it. Never been offerred one for any of my 14 new GM purchases (not that i would accept one). i have seen maintenance packages before (ie Toyota) and they appeared to be underwritten like a health plan is by an “ABC Assurance Company” of sort.
I have seen a poster in a USA Dealership though.
Also on TV informercials and commercials (they are quite funny to watch with pure scare-tactic selling) which tells me more than enough about those ones. 😂

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.